Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All fellow Juke owners,I have just purchased my first Juke - loving it! just have a quick question i have read the manual but can anyone explain which is the best setting/cost effective to be in driving through towns e.g Eco or normal.Thanks in advance - see you on the road!Judex

·
Registered
663 Posts
morning Judy and welcome to the forum, like Tc i always drive mine in normal. i think it does effect the MPG if you drive in sport.. at the end of the day it is the individual choice of the driver. some will say sport all the time and yes you do get that extra out of the car. so at the end of the day there is no right or wrong way just go out there and enjoy your Juke

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome Judy... I haven't found that the differing engine mapping modes increase mpg sufficiently to select one above the other for fuel rationing. I have the DIG-T and in Eco the car is so unresponsive that there is a need to rev it hard just to keep momentum with traffic. By comparison, in Sport mode the boost is so good that I can short shift in between gear selection and thus save fuel that way.As OB says; your choice at the end of the day. Note: If I was stuck in traffic I would go for Eco mode; whether or not this makes any real world difference I don't know.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Judy welcome to the forum. the settings alter throttle response and steering weight on the petrol models. I have a diesel and it only alters the steering so I have mine in sport all the time as I find the steering to light in the other modes. Does it use more fuel I would say the Jury is out. I think it all depends on how you drive. for example I always remember when I was younger my best mate and I would always swap cars and he could get far better MPG as he was a lot more gentle with his right foot than me.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Judy, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Welcome Judy, I had mine in Eco mode once for about 2 mins, never ever again i`m afraid.Snail pace is not for me. I like putting mine into normal for 10 mins, just for the WOW when it goes back into sport.It`s a totally different car,so sport mode 99% of the time for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts