Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just joined after being tipped from deks36 about this forum. Just going to have a nosey round. Recently purchased a grey acenta 11 plate, waiting for delivery of wind and bonnet deflectors due tomo, already fitted leather armrest, rear loadliner and juke rubber Matt set. Booked in for windows tinted next month as they are busy. Hopefully more to come.
Deks2012-09-13 08:02:56

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone rate the styling plates front and rear or do they look cheap and silly? Nothing's cheap on the accessory side of things had chance of a good deal but not sure as still not cheap! Def fancy the boot spoiler at some point. Any decent aftermarket ones??

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks dek. I posted same question on the "other" site and never even got a single reply or comment. The bonnet and wind deflectors due today. Any opinion on them as I'm working on spec on pics and never seen them fitted.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Wind deflectors excellent I have them on mine and would buy them again. Bonnet deflector those that have them rate them. To me it doesn't look big enough to do the job and imo is purely for looksI could be wrong and as I have loads of stone chips on mine I may regret not having it.Can't comment on the other forums lack of response but we do try to be as helpful as we can heremany of us here have owned a Juke and been active forumees since the Juke was launched, if we dont know the answer someone will try to find it.

Deks2012-08-24 08:22:37

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with bonnet deflector comment. I thought the same but with winter coming il give a whirl for the stone chips after grit wagons have scattered pebbles all over the road. Glad to hear wind ones are decent.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I have the bonnet deflector and a single, very small chip on the bonnet. I would have expected more, as quite a few of my roads are small and gravel ridden. So, overall, it think it's doing its job.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have a bonnet deflector and no chips in 5000 miles so am an advocate, had one on a Jeep Grand Cherokee no chips on that either. Wind deflectors are great if you like fresh air. Rattly2012-08-24 16:02:03

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any tips on fitting the bonnet and wind deflectors guys? Just arrived hoping to fit tomorrow. Will the wind deflectors hamper having the windows tinted or do they fix out of the way of the glass?
Thanks

·
Registered
185 Posts
The wind deflectors stick onto the frame and onto push fit clips the key thing is to make sure that the frame is clean and grease free so that they stick.

The bonnet deflectors fits onto 2 spring clips and a screw in the centre. Fit that first and mark the position for the. 2 clips, take it back off fit the sticky plastic paint protectors and push the clips over them, refit the deflectors onto the centre screw and ease the deflector into the 2 clips. It's easy but be careful to take your time or you may scratch the bonnet.

If you get stuck let me know and I'll give you a call and talk you through it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's great. I can see me tasting n scratching bonnet! Always best to check see if any common problems first. So I fit with centre screw mark position of 2 clips. Fix sticky pads then refit. Cars not here at mo so can't have a look. The clips fix to bodywork with sticky pads or do they locate onto a bracket of sorts? Il figure it tomo I'm sure.
Great reply and very helpful.
Great people on here.

·
Registered
185 Posts
They are spring clips (see below) and push over the edge of the bonnet, fitting over sticky plastic paint protectors. They then clip onto the plastic deflector

Rattly2012-08-24 19:00:42

1 - 20 of 22 Posts