Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, well my wife's been looking for a change of car now for a month or so, what to go for. We both like the Juke, but there's other funky small cars out there too. So after looking at lots of cars and mulling over the do wee keep her present car or move it on we decided to get the Juke.. It's was pure fluke we came across the one she bought so she thinks it was meant to be.. !

She's bought a Juke Tekna in white with the standard 1.6. What a nice wee car. We got the car last Friday afternoon, straight after on the way home I collected a new set of 18's in gunmetal grey and fitted them not Saturday morning.. We ran around all weekend with them on and now she's said in her opinion they just aren't her. I think they look great, buts it her car..

I've spent the weekend trawling the web for mods but so far the cars got a great spec so it'll stay standard for now.

I haven't driven the DiGT, what i want to know what it's like. Is it nippy, fun and is it good on fuel when driven normally and not as if is been stolen... I would like a Nismo, but she's told me to not be so foolish.. A 2 Juke family...

Anyway - hello fellow Juke owners fae Bonnie Scotland.

Si

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome to the forum Si.

The DIG-T is a fun, nippy and thirsty little beast. In Eco mode the engine is so restrictive it isn't worth the bother. Normal mode sees the turbo boost increased and the performance is very nice indeed. Switch into Sport mode and it becomes a pocket rocket ship.

Economy - I have maxed out at 38mpg in Sport or Eco on the A5 at a steady 60mph. The mode appears immaterial. In Eco for example, boost and fuel is restricted, but high revs are needed to accelerate. In Sport, more fuel is used due to increased boost, but you can short shift and keep pace with traffic easily. Around town I am currently averaging between 24-30mpg. Permanently left in Sport mode now.

Hope this helps somewhat.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Simboy, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
136 Posts
for motorway driving I hear the 6 speed manual in the dig-t helps with the fuel economy vs the 5 speed in the non-turbo but I'm still waiting for my DIG-T to be delivered so can't really advise further. Overall if you have a lead foot or Essex foot (I have the Essex foot) then it can be costly. My answer to that is to let the wife drive it on the long journeys as she rarely goes over 2500rpm....

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Wellcome to the forum Slim
Had my Nismo 3 weeks down and it's a fly machine as its run in now
More exciting then my scooby
I'm averaging 35.3 mpg and I don't hang around and mostly short fast blasts
Up to 900 miles I was averaging 36.3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Evening all, thanks for your replies.. I feel the need to get a drive in a Nismo or at very least a DIG-T.. Well, her old car is now up for sale, we've toyed with the idea of keeping it as its as rare as rocking horse poop.. Its a 350z GT4... Yeh, she bought the Juke for her work and its a whole lot cheaper to run.. But in saying that the Zeds been very reliable and on a long run can easily maintain 36mpg, but not round town... We're still talking about hiding it in the garage as its a bobby dazler... Meaning my car may have to go.. We'll see... Heres her car oh - whats your thoughts on the wheels i bought her.. I reckon they look great on the Juke but she doesnt think so (women) Oh oh - there doesnt seem to be an easy way of uploading her car... Dam - Its white with now some interesting graphics... I cant show the wheels either now and get you opinions unless someone advises how to upload.. Si

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Simboy wrote:
Evening all, thanks for your replies.. I feel the need to get a drive in a Nismo or at very least a DIG-T.. Well, her old car is now up for sale, we've toyed with the idea of keeping it as its as rare as rocking horse poop.. Its a 350z GT4... Yeh, she bought the Juke for her work and its a whole lot cheaper to run.. But in saying that the Zeds been very reliable and on a long run can easily maintain 36mpg, but not round town... We're still talking about hiding it in the garage as its a bobby dazler... Meaning my car may have to go.. We'll see... Heres her car oh - whats your thoughts on the wheels i bought her.. I reckon they look great on the Juke but she doesnt think so (women) Oh oh - there doesnt seem to be an easy way of uploading her car... Dam - Its white with now some interesting graphics... I cant show the wheels either now and get you opinions unless someone advises how to upload.. Si
Check the how to section -it tells you how to handle photo uploads. I seem to struggle from my iPhone but it works fine from a PC

Welcome to the forum too !

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Simboy wrote: Oh oh - there doesnt seem to be an easy way of uploading her car... Dam - Its white with now some interesting graphics... I cant show the wheels either now and get you opinions unless someone advises how to upload.. Siphotos need to be uploaded via a hosting site such as photobucketHere is a tutorialhttp://www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-post-pictures-on-the-forum_topic18.htmlIf you are still unable to upload the forum will upload some for you http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/photo-uploading_topic580.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.