Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just had confirmation from Nissan that they are fully committed to releasing other Nismo models into the uK the Juke being first then 370z and GTR models. Also at a later date they will be releasing a more track inspired versions badged Nismo RS

·
Registered
790 Posts
nismo gtr oooooooooohi read that the gtr was on its way out ???heres the article:Nissan GT-R future in doubt?11Next up in the "Whoa, what?!" department is a report on Inside Line wondering whether the current Nissan GT-R will be the last Nissan GT-R. The website's sources have learned that Renault-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn has yet to sign off on a next-generation car, which suggests the future model hasn't even begun development. And those same sources say they're not sure Ghosn will ever give the green light.We're only speculating, but perhaps the problem - if there really is a problem and this isn't Ghosn machinating - has to do with this tidbit taken from the IL story: "Ghosn approved the original GT-R only after being assured that it would make money for the company even at low volumes." We wouldn't be suprised if the shade under 6,000 sales in four years is quite a bit lower than the "low volumes" predicted in Nissan's original cost/benefit calculus.At launch, the 480-horsepower GT-R MSRP was $69,850, or $71,900 if you wanted the Premium model. Peanuts are cheaper, which is probably why the GT-R has cost substantially more every single year: after its first year, the price jumped to $76,840 for the base model and $79,090 for the Premium; the next year brought a price bump to $80,790 or $83,040 for the Premium; the following year, the base model disappeared and the Premium rose by a premium of $1,020 to $84,060; in 2012 the price took another leap to $90,950; and for 2013, it was another gulp-worthy price boost to $96,820. Yes, the 2013 iteration has 55 more horsepower than the original model and a 2.7-second 0-to-60 time, and yes, you'd look a long time for a sub-$100K car to match its performance, but at that price, the GT-R is mixing with the kinds of sexy metal that can bring attributes to the table that the GT-R can't match.But of course, along with not knowing if Ghosn will approve a followup to the current car, we don't know why he hasn't done it already - maybe he's changed his mind about that Infiniti GT-R after all, or maybe he hopesyou'll be satisfied with the Juke-R. If this car is a "one-hit wonder," though, it was certainly a wonder, if perhaps not enough of a sales hit

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tbf they didnt actually state definate models I asked if it was true and they confirmed it. I can't see Nissan not making the GTR its such a success that sells. and cheap when you compare it to other super cars. I would say that a Nismo Z may be a tad to expensive for what it is but I do know one person who will buy it.Nismo Juke for me

·
Registered
44 Posts
there is no way they would cut GTR production right at its peak..

i was going to post this in another thread but seems like here would be good.. nissans GTR development team took a standard GTR they stuck some bigger brakes on it and a cage in it and raced it at the nurburgring, The race was to serve as an experience for the whole GT-R's development team, lead by Mizuno-san, preparing them for the next step in the car's development. Hit play and relive what the team went through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=z5sLAHLVfd0

Deks2012-08-14 22:14:14

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had it comfirmed to day the the Juke Nismo RS is definitely coming at present the estimated release Date is September 2013, however it should be pointed out the the standard Nismo is currently 6 months behind original release date so I would expect the RS version to also run laterStill unable to gain an information on prices.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I would love one but I can't afford the petrol tanker to accompany it. My DIG T is thirsty enough as it is ( great to drive though)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am hopefull the increased power won't be too damaging to the all ready poor consumption

1 - 8 of 8 Posts