Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps, now that there are a few Nismo Juke's surfacing, I wondered if we could get some feedback from the owners.Is there any truth to the claimed 40+ MPG and if you dont bury your foot to the floor, what sort of MPG figures are we seeing so far?Any niggles/issues that had to be resolved?Anyone come from another model Juke to the Nismo?If so, whats better/whats not?What else would you have liked from this model?More Power/Features etc?Please include details of your car, Colour Chosen, 2WD/4WD

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I dont have a Nismo and I havent had a DIG-T which shares its engine with the Nismo but I will be amased if anyone will achieve the claimed 40+mpg unless they are driving it like miss daisy and if so then they have the wrong car. I would say you are more likely to average mid 20's

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was getting around 22-25 on the test drives around town/urban areas but was hoping with the choice of ECO setting 30+mpg at least would be acheivable. Especially on Motorway with 6th gear and cruise.Just wondering if anyone with a Nismo has any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I was having a very spirited run in the Nismo on a test run and it had averaged 28 mpg in 400 miles so looks like they are going to be a thirsty brute to live win

But life is for living

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have the DIG-T and a steady 60 down the A5 (with gentle throttle control) and the very best I have ever achieved is 38.2mpg in Eco mode. Sport has returned 35-36mpg for the same journey. I could not have driven any more Eco friendly to achieve these stats and at the same time keep with traffic flow. These figures are typically with 2 adults and 2 children and a full tank of juice adding to the weight. Town is 20-27 depending on congestion and spirited driving or otherwise.

The mapped Nismo may prove slightly different.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I should add; mine has covered only 3k so it may loosen up and improve in due course.

You could always opt for Kats driving style and give up worrying about it; "Drive it like you stole it..."

·
Registered
867 Posts
A good blend of fast cars. LH is another Scooby man; lots of new members looking to own (or now own) the Nismo are from high performance and prestige car backgrounds. Nissan must be over the moon that the Nismo is drawing in such an elite crowd.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went down the Nissan route years ago so had to return at some point.Initially had an Almera GTi N15, then sold it and bought another on newer reg, then bought an Import Pulsar VZR 1.6 na (175bhp), sold that in exchange for one of 3 VZR N1's in the UK at the time. Fastest na 1.6 engine (200bhp as standard) Then topped off my collection with a Pulsar GTi-R (286bhp Import)Tuned the wotsits off it and ran the following...424BHP at 18psi boost.Ran 3 straights at Santa Pod.0-60 in 3.68 1/4 mile in 11.84 at 117mph was my best run.I blew the car up on run 4

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yes Nismo has ticked the boxes for me
When I got my classic in 2000 I just fell for the aggressive looks and thirteen years later again it's the individual looks that drew me to the Nismo

So many cars are bland looking these days and don't do it for me

Although I knew about the Juke and read up about the juke -R which was. A Super car slayer it was the Nismo and the birth of a sports division like prodrive with Subaru and Rallyart and Evos that grabbed my interest

Very rarely do we discuss price but i think 20k is excellent value for money too for the level of equipment and performance on offer for the start of a car that will have a cult following in the future I'm sure
It's like turning back the clock to my first MG Metro 28 years ago

Omg showing my age now

1 - 20 of 54 Posts