1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly apologies

Haven't had time yet to upload the photos
Hopefully tomorrow night

Apologies for not logging on last night
Was still out driving it at 11pm

Drove to garage and arrived at 1000am
It was out there waiting for me parked the scooby up next to it and compared them l
So much higher the Nismo
Went it to garage and signed papers then David who is a really decent bloke and petrol head too showed me the controls
Got away and drove down the Coast to Millom and haverick
70 miles of twists and corners had a bite to eat then heavy rain so decided to go through the lake district to Kendal
Then the misses had a go for another 70 miles back home she loved it
Even went for a blast in the dark for 30 miles to test it again
Today did another 80 miles

So what is the Juke Nismo like compared to the subaru ?
Love the looks paintwork is perfect and really looks aggressive from the front end
Seats are superb reminds me of my old recarros on the RS turbo
Grips me really well in the corners
Steering wheel has a nice feel
Cabin is a really nice place to be and good quality plastics and fabric
Dashboard is nice and sat navigation is so much better then the tom tom I have
Radio has a nice tone to it as well
Heated seats are good for my old bones as well
Boot well it will do the Job
Love the high up driving position

Driving
Well
It goes like a rocket and still running it in
Gearbox quite knotchy and more of a deliberate change and very short shift compared to the scooby
Steering perfectly weighted
Brakes excellent
Revs mental the engine and quite a nice tone from the exhaust

Handleing was my biggest worry after 13 years if 4wd but I'm not dissapointed
It's more like my classic Subaru on stilts and to me the most important thing it doesnt lean onto the corners like my now gone new age wrx
Grip took a few coners at 70/80 and was ok and liked the Instant throttle response ,very little turbo lag unlike the subarus
Love the auto lights and auto wipers equipment level is really good and makes it a great value for money car

Dissapointment
Wind defector on passenger side has come unstuck so need some sticky tabs to stick it back down
Think it hasn't been fitted right to the edge which makes it pop out will talk to the dealer tomorrow

My iPhone 5 has gone flat in 2 hours maybe a coincidence but David set up my bluetooth and had a full charge on battery and and has gone flat today
Again looking at setting on iPhone seems to be searching for Nissan
It's on my Nismo though as paired so maybe apple battery has gone faulty maybe ?

Quite a hard ride feel every pot hole at lower speed 30/40 reminds me more like the classic Subaru I have with Eibachs but even more bumpy so not a relaxing car to drive more of a energetic sports car
Takes a bit of getting used to the rear camera and sideways visibility isn't too good at junctions looking over your shoulder

Mpg

Well 255 miles of let's just say performance driving and we have averaged 35.3 so I'm delighted as its all short quick blasts everywhere as its such fun to drive hard so if I can get 35+ it's bonus

As a summary it's certain the most exciting car ive driven and I love it

Ok photos from camera to iPad to photo bucket so I can get some posted

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That's great news LH, and a fab write up

Really pleased you're so happy with it, and that mpg is a bonus too

My iPhone (4) sucks battery if the Bluetooth is in search mode - possibly it accidentally paired to another Nissan when set up at the dlr or something?
Even properly paired, bt does eat battery a bit, but it shouldn't eat it that much

Mine is sitting like yours was now - at the dealer, awaiting pdi and plates...

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
nice first day report, when a hardline scooby addict posts such a positive first impression tells me the car is very good and Nissan have hit onto a winner with it. Makes it even harder for me to resist but there you go

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One happy misses
Dressed in the closest colour to Nismo

Love the front end

Love the red mirrors
Lucozade helps the driving experience the seats are superb

Dash is just great

That's all for now Guys as it has been raining up in Cumbria
Tomorrow I'm taking it back to lake District for a Fairtrade conference and Sunday night up to my local car club B-SPOC to show it off so should get
Some more photos when I've washed it

·
Registered
136 Posts
Looks great, I love the red lines and the seats. So wanted one but had to"settle" with the Tekna dig-t as we are buying a house a have a baby coming.
Congrats and glad you're enjoying it!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Great right up LH and as Steve quite rightly says a report of this quality from a Scooby petrol head says that Nissan have produced a very good car indeed.

I fell in love with the Nismo Juke when mine was having a service (one in the showroom) and I know exactly what you mean about the seats; wrap around comfort and support.

So wish I could afford one. Look forward to hearing more from you about your continued thoughts of the car and the brand. Enjoy pal.

Darren

·
Registered
419 Posts
Congratulations LH. What a great write up and very good pics as well. You certainly gave it a very good first run and I agree with all your comments although I have no experience of Scoobies. It certainly compares well with my old Audi A3 and feels much the same, including the firm ride.Enjoy

·
Registered
137 Posts
Spot on mate, looks great.Not sure on the wind deflectors though, I think I'd rather have the Team Heko ones as they seem more securely fitted.I'm starting to think I will get the central arm rest too... looks nice!

·
Registered
445 Posts
great post, nismo looks fantastic, mpg is amazing for a performance car, my 1.5dci is only doing 35.8 at moment, pics are great too, enjoy your new JUKE.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Deks wrote:my DCI is only doing 42 but I hope to improve on this as I have just purchased a bluefin superchips unit to remap it nice move Deks! Kats wrote:Fab car, look amazing and great write up.One point... You need to get rid of the egg yolk yellow indicators, halfords sell the chromed version, then perfecto
http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/topic138_post18944.html#18944

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
hi LH,i'm glad you are pleased with your nismo, i said from the beginning they was worth the wait and what a blast they are, don't give it to much welley yet you have to run it in 1000mile no more than 4000rpm

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes it's hard to keep it under 4000 rpm
Got another 120 mile trip to a Fairtrade conference tomorrow and a 100 mike trip up to dumfires in Sunday night after work which will gave me 5mike since I got it
Next week 100 miles doing the work commute and I will have a trip to Blackpool to get some mikes in it .

Engine loosens up after 1000 mikes then by 10000 it will be a flyer

The seats are as good as my recarros in a RS turbo I used to have 23 years ago
Nice touch with the too dead centre red mark in the steering wheel and the swooping dash dials in switch on
All these little things make a difference to the cabin experience

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.