Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent member stated that he was having to pay extra for the alarm on his Nismo. This puzzled me as an alarm is standard on the DIG and was actually a requirement by the insurance industry before they would cover them. So I assuemd that this would be the case with the Nismo. Today I emailed NissanGB at Rickmansworth and got a reply confirming that the Nismo does come with an alarm as standard albeitthe basic doors only type.
Deks2013-02-24 07:52:08

·
Registered
542 Posts
Might me making an odd comment here and it may need more verification but I e-mailed Nissan once ( for insurance purposes) re the immobiliser and they, if I remember rightly , stated that the immobiliser was Thatcham category 2, so assuming the Nismo has the same immobiliser then would the alarm need to be Thatcham approved as well ?. Afterall the Immobiliser already is according to the reply I received.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T c wrote:Might me making an odd comment here and it may need more verification but I e-mailed Nissan once ( for insurance purposes) re the immobiliser and they, if I remember rightly , stated that the immobiliser was Thatcham category 2, so assuming the Nismo has the same immobiliser then would the alarm need to be Thatcham approved as well ?. Afterall the Immobiliser already is according to the reply I received.I can answe that Tc this is the reply I got back from

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

"Hi
Steve,
The simple
answer is that Nismo does indeed have an alarm, but it is only a factory alarm
not a Thatcham alarm.If the
customer wants or needs a Thatcham compliant solution then that would be at
extra cost.

"I cant say if that is fact or not but that was the email returned to me from Nissan

·
Registered
867 Posts
There is a post 'ont other side' that says an alarm is a cost option on the Nismo and it is individually priced; unit, bonnet closure senior etc. (these prices are listed).

It could be that the emailed Nissan response is correct and that there is confusion at the dealer end of the process; their belief that no alarm is standard fitment vice there being an available upgrade?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Deks wrote:T c wrote:Might me making an odd comment here and it may need more verification but I e-mailed Nissan once ( for insurance purposes) re the immobiliser and they, if I remember rightly , stated that the immobiliser was Thatcham category 2, so assuming the Nismo has the same immobiliser then would the alarm need to be Thatcham approved as well ?. Afterall the Immobiliser already is according to the reply I received.I can answe that Tc this is the reply I got back from

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

"Hi Steve,The simple answer is that Nismo does indeed have an alarm, but it is only a factory alarm not a Thatcham alarm.If the customer wants or needs a Thatcham compliant solution then that would be at extra cost. "
I cant say if that is fact or not but that was the email returned to me from Nissan

Morning Steve,
Not trying to be arguementive but trying to clarify what I posted previously.

Firstly, I accept all your previous posts which stated that the alarm fitted on the Nismo is a standard one and I was not questioning that.

What I was trying to say was, that I was informed by Nissan that the Vehicle Immobiliser System on a standard non alarmed Tekna was Thatcham 2 approved, and that this fact / information may require more verification.

If that is indeed true and the same Immobiliser system is fitted on the Nismo then would you really need a Thatcham approved alarm as well, surely a standard one is sufficient to raise awareness to a possible theft attempt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts