Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to drive the Nismo manual today in Grantham... Turned up at 11am this morning to four salesman waiting outside the front door and two Nismos. They were there in force, the Grantham and Lincoln tag team I think! Both in black, one manual and one automatic, nothing to tell them apart until you look between the front seats. After a quick photocopy of the driving licence I get hold of the keys. I take it out or the dealer around the one way system. The salesman is from Nottingham, so isn't local. Unbeknown I'm heading for the A1. The traffic is stop/start due to the traffic lights around town. The car is responsive, a little more so than the auto. The ride isn't nearly as hard as my daily drive and is even comfortable over potholes and the likes. The seats surround you without feeling like they have no give. Gear change is smooth, controls easy to use without loosing concentration. They'll take some getting used to but that's the same with anything. A quick trip around the one way system and we are at the jucntion of the A1 in a few minutes. I change down to 4th and take the slip road, in no time at all it's at 70mph without struggle. 10 miles down the A1 and 10 miles back up is nice and unexpected drive. Overtaking is a breeze. I can see why people go for automatics, if you're not in a hurry it's a nice cruiser, if you want to get somewhere a bit faster and feel more involved the manual is for you. Didn't give it a real "seeing to" but it's not difficult to see the fun you could havce with it... Especially if you can get it tuned to 300bhp like the Deltawing. Played the game after with the salesman with no intention to buy at the end of it. He told me there was no budging on price. "Nissan won't allow us to, if it comes off at this point in time, it's got to come of in 2nd hand value". He came back with £500 off the OTR price. I asked about the service package."It's not available on the Nismo", he went off and it was then include, so £800 in total. He wanted me to sign there and then as they do, and has called since I left already. I've bought previously off the internet without issue, receiving the V5 when I should and am very tempted to do it again. I've found a great deal on a Nismo... £17,391 with black paint !!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greenwagon wrote:Wow Best price I've found is £18995 for silver Is that at a dealer or Internet search company
A dealer will never come close with this new a car... buyacar.co.uk

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I just did a quote with them the start price is clearly less than dealer offered me the p/x is also lower by£1K but the monthly pcp is £80 less and the final figure is about the same so overall if I wanted to proceed a better option than the dealer one. Although I would first give my dealer a chance to match. I wont be buying as my circumstances dont allow me to at this time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deks wrote:I just did a quote with them the start price is clearly less than dealer offered me the p/x is also lower by£1K but the monthly pcp is £80 less and the final figure is about the same so overall if I wanted to proceed a better option than the dealer one. Although I would first give my dealer a chance to match. I wont be buying as my circumstances dont allow me to at this time.
The dealer called today, they couldn't match the £1500 discount I found on another site yesterday. Offered £500 and eventually the servicing deal for free, so £800 in total. The £3099 discount (15%) wasn't something he even contemplated. I can put £500 and pay £269 a month on a PCP and give it back at the end and start all over. I can alos sell my car in my own time and get decent money for it as there is no finance on it, putting the money in the bank.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
This is great info for me
At the moment my prices to change are 1100 ,10900 10600 ( my favourite and local and is going to try and improve on it )
10500 reasonably local and 10100 200 mile round trip and one dealer I'm going to see which is local too and thought around the 10k mark so getting there

Looks like worth haggling on the 3 year maintence package as well as 2 dealers have mentioned it at £300 and 2 said the Nismo was not included so bit confused with that

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Good write up. Thanks for spending the time to do it for us.I feel the need to try one. But I've not even driven the DIG-T before so I've not got that to compare it to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts