Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another Newb decending upon the forum... To all those who fancy a good read, make yourself a cuppa and settle in.Firstly lets get the boring stuff sorted.I'm Gav from Bristol... Job done!Now on topic.I dont have a Juke as yet.... but hopefully will soon.I have been looking at purchasing a Nismo Juke since its unveiling, but although various Nismo's are starting to make their way into the showrooms and forecourts, Dealership knowledge still seems rare!I have been speaking with my local Nissan dealership over the last few
days about Nismo in general and their introduction to the UK market. As far as I can tell, the JUKE Nismo is simply testing the water for a line of future Nismo vehicles.The 370z to follow this summertime, (possibly April onward) a new GTR toward the end of the year and perhaps even another more track/fast road focussed JUKE!When
I first approached a Nissan dealer back in Feb 2013 to enquire about
the JUKE, I was told that they had received very limited info from
Japan and were only just at the stage to take pre deposits.I was initially told that the Nismo Juke would be available on the road from £19,995 and available in Black or White.I quizzed them on the lack of Silver option, but they stated it was unavailable!This made no sense to me as the Black or White optional colourways are at additional cost, so what would you get for £19,995? That aside, they did have a Black one on the forecourt available for testdrive... So I did!(I will follow up with some pics in the appropriate section.)Having fallen for the car within seconds of driving, I definately want one so have been keeping my eye on the market since that point.Already, I have found one for as little £16,995 with only 4 miles on the clock, so clearly it will be worth hunting around.Furthermore, I have now seen and driven the Nismo in all 3 colourways.Black/White/Silver from other dealerships.My only quandary now is what and when to buy!Should I buy one now?... wait until there are more on the market and the prices drop or wait to see later this year if Nissan do indeed drop another more powerful Juke in the Nismo range.From a bit of research so far it looks like it could be called the "Juke Nismo RC" with reports of 223bhp-228bhp from various sources.Also may feature wider wheel/tyre combo, lower revised handling/chassis setup, more aggressive styling etc so it may be worth the wait depending on the cost!Anyway, thats me and my thoughts so far.I would be interested to chat with anyone here who now owns a Nismo to see what sort of deals you picked up.Gav.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Gav welcome to the forum, easy part yes an RC version is on the cards and has been spotted testing in Spain. However the current Nismo was 12 months behind original launch so i wouldnt bank on the RC coming anytime soon. as for BHP Abbey motorsport can probably get a nismo up over 230 but thats best to ask them Colour wise has to be a personal choice I was all in favour of a white one but now thinking black is better..When to purchase has to be your decision. I cant see Nissan offering large discounts anytime soon as demand seems to be high. It currently isnt even on the staff discount scheme. I too have seen ex demos for sale at a large discount in fact I know of one that was a bargan sold with 2 days of being advertised but the buyer cannot have it until mid MAY as dealer is required to keep it for 4 months it too only had 15 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi Darkangel, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for welcome peeps, and Deks, thanks for the info.I have been looking at Stillen Exhaust, Injen Induction, Cat Bypass etc so as you point out, power can be hiked from the current models 200bhp to 230 and more with Abbey's ongoing mods.Colour wise... I was initially thinking White as I liked the Concept, but having seen both Black and Silver too.... I like them all. Only time will tell, but I have cherished plate ready and waiting!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Welcome
I have my Nismo ready at my dealer to collect hopefully next week just waiting on the number plate being transferred
I think at 17k for one it's a steal
Dealers make about 6% on a new Nismo my px price varied between. £1100 from dealers
Cheapest I had seen was a dealer at Edinburgh who was advertising at 19k although someone through here spotted one. At 17500k through a broker
Lot of car for the money
To wait is a waiting game
I'm an apple fanboy but if I wait on a iPhone 6 I might was well wait on a 7/8/9 and hence you miss the months or years of enjoyment just waiting on the next biggest or newest or more advanced product
In the mean time it just makes you depressed waiting

So go for a new Nismo now before the prices go up from Nissan later this month

In the mean time your old car is getting older and deprecating more

Get one know and it will have the wow factor being new
A years time and they will be lots on the road and you looses that exclusivity

More power
Well in my experience best to get a standard one and enjoy it for a few months before modding it then your get advantage if the was and now feeling
A new model could be a year away and at what price £25 k ??
Then that's a different price market to look at the competition so you might never get a Nismo if it's what you want now
Black looks fantastic be prepared to polish every week to keep it at its best and make sure you are prepared for scratches
White again clean

Silver is the best all rounder if your not a cleaning fanatic and it looks nice from the photos on here

Get one at 17k
If a new one comes out in a year or two you would not loose too much money with saving 3k at purchase price
Wish I had seen that price before doing a deal on mine than I could of sold my car for a bit more prehaps

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most of my previous cars have been Black, so its the obvious choice but I do like the Silver up close now I've actually seen it.I will more than likely go for Black anyway as it looks like a Batmobile SUV lolAnD yEs, CaPs On, CaPs OfF iS cErTaInLy AwKwArD...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hiya

From personal experience, I managed to get about £800 off the list price of a black 4wd, so there are some discounts to be had, but not much.

Online sellers are offering more, if you're prepared to go down that route.

Lead time seems to be about 6 weeks.

I'm with LH. Waiting kills me, so once I made my mind up - or more importantly, got my wife to agree - I had to place the order there and then.
I'll no doubt be gutted if the RC does actually arrive at the end of the year, but I'll at least have been ing in the mean time...

·
Registered
445 Posts
hi dark angel, welcome to the forums, new myself this week too buy it now and enjoy, why wait for something later when you can have one now, not looked at prices of the nismo myself but at 17k ish for one with 4 miles on the clock sounds like one hell of a lot of car for the money if you ask me, i work in the motor business and that sounds a good buy for the money compared to other vehicles in that price.go buy it !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome Dark Angel (lazy caps on)...

I am an advocate of Blade Silver; it is a great colour and is perfect to maintain - looking clean (ish) when dirty and immaculate when clean. Swirls and scratches are also less obvious.

The DIG-T is a great engine (but you know this). If fuel economy is a consideration, be warned it isn't a money saver even in frugal (throttle restrictive) Eco mode.

Good luck with the purchase.

Darren

·
Registered
663 Posts
im with Darren C on the Blade Silver, great colour..and DaRkAnGeL all i can say is , you have talked the talk, now go and walk the walk go get that Nismo, no more talking

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi DarkAngel and welcome from another newbie! I'm going to agree with most everyone else and say definitely get a Nismo now if not sooner!From my experience you can get a bit of discount at Nissan dealers, not as much as say VW but a lot more than Honda (which is zilch).The Nismo RC probably wont appear until 2014 anyway, and these things have a habit oftaking longer and then not being as good as advertised anyway (that 230 bhp will drop to 209 and it prob won't sound any different to the current Nismo (you're going to mod it anyway right? ).Go for it - you know it makes sense. p.s. silver is definitely the best.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts