Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first let me congratulate all of you on obtaining such a fantastic car but while it is great that the Nismo owners or Nismo to be owners have joined the forum we must not loose track of the fact that this is the Juke forum rergardless of the model. i own a Tekna and am just as proud of it as you are of your Nismo's and i am more than happy with it. there are alot of things on the forum that go right over my head, technical things for instance, but it is understandable that some of you will want to talk about those kind of things and that is good, likewise Nismo owners will want to talk NISMO and that is fine. what i am trying to get at folks is we are like a big family here and i for one dont want to loose track of that, i want us ALL to be part of that family from the lowest grade of Juke to the highest..lets unite not divide, your brother Oldbloke

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again. on reflection of my comments above i do hope they have not offended any Nismo owner as that was the last thing on my mind..i love this forum as i know a lot of people do. i have met our very first Nismo owner, Gadget and he is a true gent who also loves this forum.my reason behind my comments is that i am worried we will loose that light heartedness, the fun, the laughs we all have if it all gets to serious

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Don't worry OB

We are just so excited about the new toys arriving and this forum will be a godsend to us when things go wrong and don't work like they should do

All ready I've learned fuel consumption is no where like what the brochure claims to be

That's one thing that was great from the Subaru scene the STi the wrx and the sports were all the same family as they were all made by Subaru and every member what ever the modle was treated the same whatever the price they paid or specification they had just like all the modles of jukes

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have seen thats Deks by some of the comments and i can honestly say i have never been part of anything like this before. i have only met Gadget, who i got on with famously but i feel like i know so many others.. i cant wait for Wicksteed so i can meet you all and have a few beers with you. long live the family

·
Registered
867 Posts
One big happy family; the way it should be.

The Nismo crew have every reason to post and celebrate owning such a beautiful example of the Juke and the newness of the edition make it a popular topic just.

As LH says, there are uniform lessons that can be shared across all ranges within the family.

There is plenty of room for us all to rub along nicely and whist I endorse OB's sentiment; I welcome the new blood with open arms. It is particularly encouraging to see the forum grow, Steve and the other Mods hard work pay off and JOG rise to the top where it belongs.

Cheers one and all...

Darren

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
no i'm not offended,the jukeownersgroup was around before the nismo was ever thought about,and for myself feel privileged to belong to a group that caters for all and must not forget that.It is a juke at the end of the day and every bodies circumstances are different.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I know I'm only considered a newb and most of my posts have been regarding Nismo, but thats purely because I am trying to gain knowledge to better assist my purchase.I will soon enough be chatting tech and contributing to the sections on other models too.BTW... wheels spec/offsets etc are my specialty, so expect me to start spitting out new threads regarding fitments etc soon.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just to agree with everything above

I've been in car forums before where the 'lower spec' owners were shunned, with 'elite' splinter groups who had the 'top spec' versions.
Lets just say I wasn't there long

The Juke is the common theme here, and whilst the Nismo may wear some fancy new clothes, and have tweaks here and there, at the end of the day it's 'just' another Juke.

The abiding sense of this place, and the uniting common theme is our love of the Juke concept.
We're in it together, for better and better

·
Registered
542 Posts
oldbloke wrote:Hi again. on reflection of my comments above i do hope they have not offended any Nismo owner as that was the last thing on my mind..i love this forum as i know a lot of people do. i have met our very first Nismo owner, Gadget and he is a true gent who also loves this forum.my reason behind my comments is that i am worried we will loose that light heartedness, the fun, the laughs we all have if it all gets to serious
Never,

·
Registered
790 Posts
group hug i agree all juke owners are equal , thats terrible to hear a forum that puts down the lower spec owners , if anyone started that game on the qq forum or here there ass would'nt touch the ground , whats inside is personal taste as far as spec goes , our love is of the car itself not weather you have a connect ect or not all hail the juke
ctrdetailing2013-04-03 18:59:52

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's what the forum all about not just high powered motors..
Noticed that on a couple of other forums if your motor is standard they didn't want to no.. In my Eyes forums don't work like this at all and after a few months other peeps noticed and moved to another forum.

Looking forward to the up and coming meets also season starting soon to that end as a forum is there any big meets lined up ie Japfest etc

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Turbo, until now we haven't been big enough to be able to organise such things like japfest. Also big shows have a problem for us as they require public liability insurance which thelasttime I looked was £100 per event and a cost I am not prepared to cover or at this particular point in the forum life use the little funds the forum has to cover it. However we are constantly growing and this will be regularly looked out. I am afraid that this year will only see us at Wicksteedpark on the20th July. Next year may well be different. That said I don't have the time to organise all the events people have an interest in. But happy to lend support where I can.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
you do enough Deks and i think that most of us are happy with Wicksteed like your words ctr., man after my own heart

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.