Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking with the dealer principle at Baileys Nissan Canterbury yersterday discovered some interesting facts that I didnt know. The Juke was designed as an automatic apparently Nissan only design local market(Japan) cars as auto's Hence why the 4x4 is auto. Reading between the lines I dont see a manual 4x4 coming unless Nissan Europe can convince Japan it will sell in huge numbers.Also the world wide requirement for auto's as in every market but ours is one of the reasons the auto Juke is still in short supply. apparently currently if you order an auto Juke it will be approx December before it will be deliveredIt would seem we are in a minority for a Juke with a manual gearbox and most of the rest of the world prefer an auto.I have to say that if this is the case then peronally I feel Nissan should be developing a much more modern auto box for everyday cars as I fell the CVT is an old concept and most moderncars have moved well beyonda CVT box

Deks2012-08-22 07:37:15

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have mentioned this elsewhwere on other forums. To each his own but having driven most all types of transmissions, there is no way I would want anything other than an automatic gearbox. I just do not see the need to keep operating a clutch pedal together with a gear lever, when you can put a lever in drive or reverse and let the car do the work. OK my Juke has a sort of clutchless manual effect box, which I think works. Don´t know, never used it!!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red Baron wrote:

I have mentioned this elsewhwere on other forums. To each his own but having driven most all types of transmissions, there is no way I would want anything other than an automatic gearbox. I just do not see the need to keep operating a clutch pedal together with a gear lever, when you can put a lever in drive or reverse and let the car do the work. OK my Juke has a sort of clutchless manual effect box, which I think works. Don´t know, never used it!!I kind of agree with you RB as did the dealer principle who I was discussing this with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.