Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nissan lucked in to a winner with the bizarrely styled Juke crossover when it coincided with the recent hipster phenomenon. Weird is now cool and by extension, so is the Juke.
Now, UK's cool kids can bug their parents for a new top of the range
gadget-laden, design-focused model: the Nissan Juke n-tec.
The headlining addition is the Nissan Connect system with Google's
Send-To-Car-Technology. It's an advanced route planning system that
allows owners to send satnav instructions from their smartphone or
laptop to their car. Also available through the 5.8-inch colour
touchscreen are Google's Points of Interest (POI) database, weather
forecasts, local fuel prices and flight information (why?).
On the outside, the n-tec rides on unique 18-inch wheels and has
black detailing on the B-pillars, door mirrors and bonnet light strips.
Black centre console and door trims complete the visual changes inside.
Opt for the range-topping 190 hp/240 Nm 1.6 litre DIG-T engine (choice
of 2WD manual or 4WD CVT) and you get black interior headliner and a
dual exit exhaust finisher too.
The Nissan Juke n-tec sits above the current Acenta Premium grade,
and is expected to be the best-selling model in the UK Juke line-up. Of
course it will be. Hipsters wouldn't be caught dead driving anything
else.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Why does the pic of the rear only have a single exhaust...?

And focussing on the connect2 seems strange, given that all Jukes with sat nav (ie acenta premium up) come with it!

Nice though

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
isn't the twin tailpipe only on the dig-t models?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actd wrote:isn't the twin tailpipe only on the dig-t models?Yes i read a bit more today the twin pipe seems to be only on the DIG as is the black headliningand yes TT focusing on the connect2 is a bit sneaky given that all Jukes with connects come with the connect 2

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
what is the camera button for on the new connect?Can't say I'm overwhelmed with the new features over the existing premium model. Wonder also if those 18 inch rims will make the ride even firmer.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tbf I think they could have gone a little further with the Ntec, like a better sound system or maybe more technology, other than the wheels and tailpipe there isnt anything unique to it that isnt already on a Juke somewhere in the line upNissan seem to believe this will be the best seller in the range. Personally I think they have got that horribly wrong, but then its not the first time they misjudged the Juke. Seems to be an on going cock up on their part constant under estimating the Juke who and how many will buy.

·
Registered
542 Posts
actd wrote:what is the camera button for on the new connect ?
Nissan have now put this feature on for this cost cutting Government. With the Government cutting all costs ( including Speed cameras ) this is a new honesty initiative. When you are knowingly speeding you press the button, this then turns the reversing camera through 180 degrees and it takes a picture of your rear number plate and sends it to the connect unit, the connect unit then sends it via a 2 way satellite link to DVLA who issue your fine.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
T c wrote:actd wrote:what is the camera button for on the new connect ?
Nissan have now put this feature on for this cost cutting Government. With the Government cutting all costs ( including Speed cameras ) this is a new honesty initiative. When you are knowingly speeding you press the button, this then turns the reversing camera through 180 degrees and it takes a picture of your rear number plate and sends it to the connect unit, the connect unit then sends it via a 2 way satellite link to DVLA who issue your fine.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
actd wrote: what is the camera button for on the new connect?
Can't say I'm overwhelmed with the new features over the existing premium model. Wonder also if those 18 inch rims will make the ride even firmer.

I hadn't spotted that button...
What's there on the connect?

I was rather concentrating the gap between the mode and aircon buttons, as it looks about the right size to fit a camera button from the qq360, which turns on all 4 cameras.

But maybe I don't need to...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Deks wrote: tbf I think they could have gone a little further with the Ntec, like a better sound system or maybe more technology, other than the wheels and tailpipe there isnt anything unique to it that isnt already on a Juke somewhere in the line up

Nissan seem to believe this will be the best seller in the range. Personally I think they have got that horribly wrong, but then its not the first time they misjudged the Juke. Seems to be an on going cock up on their part constant under estimating the Juke who and how many will buy.

Couldn't agree more

At the least for a "gadget laiden" edition, it has nothing that isn't already in the Juke parts bin except new tail pipes and fancy wheels.
Which aren't exactly tech

I would have hoped for at least the qq360 camera system.
And maybe HID lights.
Auto beam swivel.
Option of DVD screens in the headrests.
Proper tech stuff.

As I mentioned in the other NTec thread, I'm really not sure who this model is aimed at.
The interior is more "grown up" - possibly aimed at company car drivers?
But the wheels are screaming "look at me!" - younger generation?

All seems a bit lost to me

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Have to say I am not to impressed with the product team for the juke, I don't think that actually have a direction or indeed a real knowledge of who is actually buying the Juke.

I did offer my services for the vacant product managers job but they declined Deks2013-04-08 23:44:53

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Their loss Deks

There are so many simple things that could be done with the Nissan parts pin and a few more paint colours, let alone getting a bit inventive.

It really does seem like they are missing several tricks.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Colour is too me the main one
When you look at seat over the last few years their main success has been bright vibrant colours
Yellow seats in every part of the range are everywhere
Yes good cars made up from Skoda and audi parts bins
Even fetched out a couple in orange too which is awesome

Ford fiesta looks nice in the bright lime green colour which Peugeot has dabbled with for years too

If Nissan wants to increase sales considerably they have too move away from mainstream colours and go for real,y bright colours like yellow ,green
Orange

Maybe pt cruiser and beetles might have been stronger sellers if they had been more adventureous on colours

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Deks wrote: I don't think that actually have a direction or indeed a real knowledge of who is actually buying the Juke. Maybe they are still adhering to the 'Male, late twenties to early thirties buyer', that the statistics just don't support (average age of buyer being just over 45).

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
TTDegs wrote: actd wrote: what is the camera button for on the new connect?Can't say I'm overwhelmed with the new features over the existing premium model. Wonder also if those 18 inch rims will make the ride even firmer. I hadn't spotted that button... What's there on the connect?I was rather concentrating the gap between the mode and aircon buttons, as it looks about the right size to fit a camera button from the qq360, which turns on all 4 cameras. But maybe I don't need to...
The camera button is on the photos above, but here's the link to it: http://paultan.org/2013/04/08/nissan-juke-n-tec/nissan_juke_n-tec_18/ If I was buying a new Juke now, the n-tec is the model I would probably buy, but then I bought the Accenta premium anyway, and I assume that this will replace that now. I suppose that it's probably better named than the Accenta premium anyway, and fits in with the QQ naming. It just seems that there is quite a fanfare being made over what is really a minor model update.

Deks2013-04-09 13:50:37

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
Curious. I presume that the connect is the new version anyway, in which case the Premium will get it. Personally, the biggest attraction for me is the black centre console etc - I wonder how many people will still buy the premium, in which case it may be quietly dropped later on.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I dont think they will drop the premium. they have just dumped the sport, the shiro, the Kuro and the MOS so I think the premium will stay who will buy which will depend on what they are looking for I supposeif I was going for a a black car I would go for ntec to get black bits insidebut what if you wanted red or silver inside then its acenta premium. what is good is that in part thanks to this forum the DIG-T remains as this was due to be dropped in favour on the Nismo but now remains in ntec and Tekna spec

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.