Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unveiled at the Brussels Motor Show, the new Shiro Edition sits at the top of the Nissan Juke range.

While cars are being
revealed left, right and center at the Detroit Auto Show, across the
pond a few new models have been unveiled at the Brussels Motor Show, and
this special edition Juke Shiro is one of them.You'd be forgiven for
thinking that the Juke's new range-topping edition in Europe was named
after senior vice president and head of design Shiro Nakamura, who
penned the GT-R and 350Z, among other models; but you'd also be wrong.In Japanese Shiro means white, and although the car here is clearly a pleasant shade of maroon (Nissan
say Nightshade or deep aubergine), the name comes from the white color
of the center console, armrest as well as the white stitching on the
leather steering wheel, gear lever and seats. On the outside the Shiro
can be identified by its dark grey 17-inch alloys, and satin silver
finish to the door handles, mirror caps and glossy B-pillar.The Juke
Shiro is available with all three naturally aspirated 1.6-liter gasoline
engines and the 188hp turbocharged 1.6-liter DIG-T version, which is
available in four-wheel-drive and coupled to the latest CVT
transmission.Standard technology includes the Nissan Connect system, color reversing
camera, Intelligent Key with engine start button and rear privacy glass.
The Nissan Dynamic Control System also comes as standard, while safety
equipment includes six airbags, ESP, and ABS with EBD and Brake Assist.A
special accessory package exclusively for the Juke Shiro includes a
center armrest with white stitching, chrome plated sill protectors for
the front door illuminated in white and velour floor mats, available as
standard or as an option depending on the market.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ctrdetailing wrote:was there a price ???

NISSAN JUKE (1.6 Shiro 5dr )

1600cc, Hatchback ,
Petrol , Manual

£17,580

NISSAN JUKE (1.6 Shiro 5dr CVT )

1600cc, Hatchback ,
Petrol , Automatic

£18,665

NISSAN JUKE (1.5 dCi Shiro 5dr )

1500cc, Hatchback ,
Diesel , Manual

£19,095

NISSAN JUKE (1.6 DiG-T Shiro 5dr )

1600cc, Hatchback ,
Petrol , Manual

£19,130

NISSAN JUKE (1.6 DiG-T Shiro 5dr 4WD CVT )

1600cc, Hatchback ,
Petrol , Automatic

£21,230

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ctrdetailing wrote:im surprised there still offering the 1.5dci in new jukes ??? , i thought it had been completely replaced now with the new 1.6dcithe 1.6 dci is only for the Qashqai, it replaces the outdate 2.0 As far as I am aware and I have asked several times Nissan has no plans to introduce the 1.6 dci to the Juke. Personally I would say its more likely in the future that the 1.5 dci will be replaced by a smaller unit like a 1.3 or such like, taking into account the Juke is far smaller than the QQ and sits on s imilar size platform to the Note

·
Registered
790 Posts
the 1.5 has gone from the qq range now as well as the 2.0 , the 1,6d going on its first reviews from customers has upped the mpg quite a bit and given more power so as the juke gets unfavourable reviews on mpg it would seem sensible to put it in the juke too , strange ??

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its always psossible we will get the 1.6. Nothing stays the same I have even heard of talk of a diesel 4x4 which a year ago wasn't happening, so maybe Nissan do eventually listen to the buyerswhich would be good, they may even listen and add the heated mirrors too. Mind you it has to be said if they make the Nismo I am buying it so diesel question will be kind of irrelevant

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Nissan Press Release:JUKE SHIRO: FROM BLACK to WHITENew Juke Shiro arrives to top the rangeUnique white interior features, new exterior colourDark grey 17-inch alloys with satin silver mirrors and handles A new top-of-the-range version of the Nissan Juke has arrived. And it's white in tune with buyers' tastes. Replacing the successful Kuro (Kuro is the Japanese word for black) limited edition, Shiro moves to the opposite side of the colour spectrum; it means white in Japanese. The Juke bearing the badge has a host of white details to mark it out from lesser models in the range. Inside there's a selection of tasteful white detailing. The centre console, inspired by the shape of a motorcycle fuel tank, is painted white, as are the door panels and window switch surrounds. The leather wrapped steering wheel, gear gaiter and the edges of the leather seats all feature white stitching, while the seats themselves have a double layer fabric with a white background colour visible through the perforated leather facing. The interior also benefits from a leather covered centre armrest complete with white stitching, which also provides additional storage; illuminated chrome-plated sill protectors for the front doors and Juke-branded velour floor mats. Externally, Shiro can be identified by its stylish dark grey 17-inch alloy wheels, the satin silver finish to the door handles and mirror caps plus a gloss black finish to the B-pillar. Although available in any of the colours offered on Juke models, Shiro does have one additional unique hue in its palette: Nightshade, a sophisticated deep aubergine colour. Shiro builds on the top-of-the-range Tekna grade with prices starting from £17,695. It is available with all three engine choices - a 110PS 1.5-litre dCi; 117PS normally aspirated 1.6-litre petrol; and the range-topping turbocharged direct injection petrol 1.6-litre DIG-T with 190PS. A 4x4 version and CVT automatics are also available. Deliveries are due to commence from 1 March 2012 and like all Jukes, the Shiro will be produced at Nissan's manufacturing plant in Sunderland. Juke has helped the Sunderland manufacturing plant reach an all-time production record during 2011 of 480,485 vehicles. Following in the hugely successful footsteps of its big crossover brother, Qashqai, Juke exceeded all expectations last year to sell nearly 22,000 units in the UK and over 132,000 units across Europe, a number that is expected to be beaten in 2012.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Oh, and something I forgot to mention, it's running Continental tyres rather than the Bridgestones too. I don't think this is a change of policy with the JUKE. I would guess it's because of the different wheels.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts