Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is a chance to get some door puddle lights as a group buy http://www.full-beam.co.uk/I saw these via Dan. new forum member. the ones in the link are the 5th Generation and are more expensive than the ones Dan. usedthe shop price full beam are selling for is £32.99 but they can do them in a group buy of 10 for £23the older versions are available on ebay for less from what i can see the difference is size light spread and these 5th generation ones have the abilty to change the logo, although why you would want is a different topic Anyway who is interested??pics for illustration

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I like the Z ones You need to get a wire into the door which may or may not be easy. It's great if you already have a red door light but I don't (just a reflector).I'm not sure I want to cut a whole in the bottom of my door though.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Can you focus them? I was just thinking different doors are different heights from the floor...
Edit: Or to put it another way, I am trying to work out how to get a wire through to the door Paul_S2013-03-01 20:15:33

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Paul_S wrote:Can you focus them? I was just thinking different doors are different heights from the floor...
Edit: Or to put it another way, I am trying to work out how to get a wire through to the door the drivers door doesnt require this as both will connect inside the doorHowever Dan. who has fitted some said he had to run wires inthe passenger sidewe are hoping he comes back with images and how to for this the lights need a 12 volt supply and the interior light feed which is in the door

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Sorry, I'm lost. Surely both door lights need 12v and ground?Ground will already be in the door, but you need to get the interior light feed into both doors via the conduit that carries the mirror, locks and electric window cables, etc.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nno it needs a 12 v permanant power supply which is only in the drivers doorthe negative connects to the door switch as its the earth that is switched not the live if that makes sense or at least thats how my more technically minded friend explained it too me earlier while burying is head in his hands. this would have been because he spent 7 hours helping me fit the DRL's something will still cannot fathom how they work as they are only power fed from the battery

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I can see what you are saying. It would work if you have +12v in the door and you switched ground. But the switch that operates when the door opens and closes is on the door pillar, not in the door. Either way, you need to run a switched cable into the door to achieve it - unless the light projector itself has a switch with it that operates when the door open and closes.Sorry, I can't help thinking I'm missing something!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Paul_S wrote:I can see what you are saying. It would work if you have +12v in the door and you switched ground. But the switch that operates when the door opens and closes is on the door pillar, not in the door. Either way, you need to run a switched cable into the door to achieve it - unless the light projector itself has a switch with it that operates when the door open and closes.Sorry, I can't help thinking I'm missing something! wiring instructions say 2 wires 1 12v live and 1 negative and that it operates on door opening only as I said from what I have been told the switching is the negative wire as it breaks the circuit which turns them off the door switch is in the door on the catch the 12v live is in the door as it controls the central locking. However the passenger doesnt have a permanant live in the door so requires a feed running to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi guys...Thats spot on on what Deks said, on the drivers side you can hook the positive up to the locking switch in the drivers door but still have to run a cable into the cabin to get the negative onto the door switch, this means that the puddle lights only switch on when the doors are open and are not on when the interior lights come on.The passenger side is a little more tricky as there is no live feed to the locking switch which is odd (well thats what we thought) so we ran both the positive and the negative into the cabin, striped away the trim in the footwell and pulled a live feed from a blue wire. Then connected the negative to the door switch again.To feed the wire (I wasnt here for this part) there is a gromet away from the actual wires that nissan feed and I believe it has been fed through there, I am struggling to get time at the moment in daylight hours to get photos but I will try this weekend.Dan.

·
Registered
206 Posts
drls work on a voltage system when the proper wire harness is fitted the lights are of until the engine is started as the voltage is higher the drls come on should also be connected to your lighting. system as they should go off when main lights are on

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheers Dan. , my apologise I was under the impression the door switch was in the door. apologies Paul_s you were right so wires do need to be run out of the door.that will teach me to go and ahve a look before assuming
Deks2013-03-01 22:32:52

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Does that mean I am officially sane? Probably not!! Dan - is there a way to focus the projected image? I ask because the bottom of the Juke's door card is 18.5" off the ground and the Zed's is 15" (in old money!) I quite fancy putting them on the Zed but not if the image is out of focus. If there is no way to focus it then when you get a chance do you think you could check if it's focussed OK 15" away? Thanks Oh, BTW, I saw them for sale by a different ebay seller here (not that I would buy them there since they need to be imported from Hong Kong) but they give a little more detail on the difference between the 4 versions and how to fit them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.