Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday April 11th 2013Once again a very big thank you to Nissan GB for making this possible for our members.I have secured a tour of the factory to see the Nissan Juke being made. The date is as above 11th April starts approx 0930. and lasts until about 1530. This is open to all members although priority will be given to **paid members**. I will consider spouses aswell but if it becomes over subscribed then it will have to be members only. I am not yet certain of total places available but if my memory serves me correctly its a maximum of 20.Once again Nissan are picking up the cost of this tour which normally costs people £20 per personSo what I have chosen to do is ask anyone wishing to attend to make a donation of £10 sent to me, which I will collect and pass the total amount collected over to Nissan GB to put towards their chosen charity for this year, this is the Afghanistan Trust, which helps wounded Paras

Normal

false
false
false

EN-GB
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin:0cm;
mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

This is a very worth while tour and an excellent opportunity to get to see how a motor car is manufactured. Its starts with a flat sheet of metal and ends with the car being given the final check over at the end of the line.I would be greatful if people could add their names as soon as possible as I have to confirm names and number with Nissan as soon as we can. All names have to be passed to Nissan prior to the day for security. Please add you names below if you want to go There is a premier inn nearby for anyone staying overnight which I will be doing the night before I will add the details shortly.The premier inn is Sunderland A19/A1231
Wessington Way,
Castle Town,
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
SR5 3HR

T: 0871 527 9058

Deks2013-01-10 18:13:55

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Well done Steve on arranging another fabulous day out, unfortunately I cannot go due to holidays but have had the opportunity to go previously and it is a great day out, just wear comfy walking shoes!!!!

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Thanks for invitation Deks... sorry no can do.... Wedding Anniversary!!

it is a fab tour and for those of you who haven't been, its a complete eye opener, a wonderful day out...agree with Kats though, get good walking shoes.

Good luck Deks... Hope you get places filled!!

Fee xFee2013-01-13 22:07:15

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nissan called me today to press me for numbers for the tour as they have
some staff that want to go the same day so I agreed to drop the numbers
from 15 to 6 as not much interest being shown. So now we only have space for 6 members.It is possible to juggle this but best to assume 6 is all that will accomodated.Would also like to add this is likely to be the last visit to the factory for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Its been nearly 3 weeks since posting up about the tour of the factory and although mutings were good no one has actually committed to going. So if by the end of the week I have no firm bookings I will have to call Nissan and cancel the tour. As Nissan have laid this tour on at my request I need to give as much notice as possible that we are unable to support it. So if anyone has been thinking about it would they please confirm asap. thanks Admin

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Sorry not to get back to you.

I'm not able to commit to that date, as it now seems to be a critical time in my daughter's submission schedule.

But a wholehearted thanks for all the meetings etc. that you have arranged already, we all appreciate your hard work.

·
Registered
665 Posts
This tour was cancelled as had no interest. However we have had a growing number of new members sign up of late. If anyone would like to go please email me [email protected] and I will see if Nissan can fit you in. They are still going with staff from Head Office and told me they could accomodate a few members if any expressed an interest. This was a couple of weeks ago so I would have to check the situation at this stage.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just a little heads up. I have just got off the phone to Nissan GB and have been advised that if any member would like to go there are still spaces available. If anyone is interested let me know and I will get it sorted for you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.