Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nissan Juke N CONNECTA and I am stunned that there is no brake pad wear warning light on the dash! The only warning the pads etc need replacing is a high pitched noise coming from the wheels. This car was made in 2016 but my previous car was made in 1995 and that had a warning light for brake pad wear!.Has anyone had any experience with this Juke warning noise for the pads etc. .and how loud it is? Also once the noise happens how many miles left on the front pads or rear shoes when the warning noise happens?..many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
744 Posts
Hi Dimmy, It all depends on who fitted your brake pads and what type they fitted, have you visually checked your pads to check the thickness and if they have the wire coming from them,I would guess that the noise you are hearing are because the pads are worn to excess so please get them checked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm more shocked there's no washer fluid low warning, that's much more useful than brake pad monitors. It's easy to check the pads weekly or monthly.
I have a washer fluid level warning light on my Juke.!.but if I had a choice I'd opt for the brake pad warning light any day!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Dimmy, It all depends on who fitted your brake pads and what type they fitted, have you visually checked your pads to check the thickness and if they have the wire coming from them,I would guess that the noise you are hearing are because the pads are worn to excess so please get them checked.
The pads were changed during service definitely no wires or sensors and the car has no warning light anyway on the dash. . I was just very surprised to see no warning light for a 2016 car. In future when I hear the the warning noise I'll get the pads changed.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Odd, brake pads are need changed every few years or more. And in general the sensors that tell you the pad is low is useless, normally the go wtih several thoughand miles left on the pads.Check every 6 months and unless you have your car on a race track then there's not much to worry about.

I'm guessing you dont use the dipstick either

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's a dipstick? ..it's actually my girlfriends car who lives miles away..the only thing she will take notice of is a warning light. Any shrill noise warning from the pads she will totally ignore and it"ll end like the flintstones car.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi dimmy mines a 60 reg I changed my pads back in April and yes mine started the high pitched noise, I new it was the pads because my rolla t-sport did the same noise due to the pads worn down

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi dimmy mines a 60 reg I changed my pads back in April and yes mine started the high pitched noise, I new it was the pads because my rolla t-sport did the same noise due to the pads worn down
Thanks..I think there are pads on the front of my juke but possibly brake shoes on the rear and I've been told they don't give out a noise when they get worn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I think was mistaken another person gas said thee are disc pads on back and front. I looked thru the rear wheels and could only see the brake shoe casing which I have been told is for the handbrake only. The disc and

·
Registered
13 Posts
When a brake pad requires replacement, it will make a high pitched scraping sound when the vehicle is in motion. This scraping sound will first occur only when the brake pedal is depressed. After more wear of the brake pad, the sound will always be heard even if the brake pedal is not depressed. Have the brakes checked as soon as possible if the wear warning sound is heard.

Preschool in kannivakkam

1 - 13 of 13 Posts