Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all
I'm Mark live in the North East
Straight to the point.Mrs R is after a new car she is having trouble getting in and out of her astra coupe so we have spent the last 2 days shopping
We went to Audi to look at a A1 and a A3 convertible.Now Mrs R has a
knacked back/hip(apparently my fault after 2 kids),she struggled to get
in and then get out of the Audi's,so out of the window with that one
not that i mind as i think they are over rated and dull.

So off to Nissan we went for something that gives a high seating position.A Juke 1.5 dci was the car of choice on Friday .I feel it's hard to get a feel for a car with the salesman in the back on a set test drive route.

So yesterday another 2 dealers and 2 1.6 petrol Jukes,another sat route
from one dealer,the second dealer that we have used before handed over
the keys to a 3 day old motor and said see you later.1.5 hours later we returned,now i think she has her heart set on a Juke.

Now the first petrol Juke's gearbox was awful,the car was a 11plate
18kmiles Tekna that looked and felt like it had seen better days.The
second car only 3 days old,gearbox tight smooth new.

So to the point are all petrol gearbox's as bad with some miles behind them?
Do diesel juke's suffer from DPF(diesel particulate filter) problems on short run cars,I have a Nissan X-Trail that Mrs R now drives (due to back problem) that has had a DPF problem?

She is going to speak to the dealer on monday to try a extended test drive
Sorry for the long intro
Hoping to get involved
Mark
Deks2013-03-03 09:49:57

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Mark, welcom to the forum. The Juke lends itself well to us as we age and now struggle to get in and out of that once loved coupe Many Juke owners from all age ranges comment on comfort and ease of access to the driving seat. the cars rear access can be a little trickier uless you are a child. The 5 speed box has been questioned much over the last couple of years the main gripe being that it makes the car rev highly at 70 mph in 5th. Some cars also reported very clunky gear changes although that seems to have quietened down of late, maybe the early car issues with selection were modified.The diesel is great yes it has a DPF but I am on Diesel Juke number 2 the original was 2 years old andon 11K when I sold and at no point did I ever have DPF issues even though the car did 10 miles a day to and from work. I believe this is down to the Juke having a 5th Injector in the DPF and its ability to regen the DPF as and when it needs it. However this comes at a cost and if doing short journeys dont expect to see the claimed 55+ mpg I average in mine for my journey 42 mpg always have done even in the older pre gear tweek model. Some say I shouldnt have a diesel because my journey doesnt dictate need for diesel this may be true but I prefer it over the n/a petrol If running cost isnt an issue you may want to look at the DIG-T its a fire breating monster 190 ps 6 speed manual but you will be lucky to see average 32 mpg

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi mark-r, Welcome to
the Juke Owners Group. The Uk's only juke owners forum

owned and maintained by Genuine Juke Owners for Juke Owners.

The club is run on contributions by members which allows the
site to be advertising free with all monies rasied going toward running costs,
web fees, club meet costs, and competition prizes.

By contributing to
the running costs of the club (£6 or £10 including a club car sticker) you get
full access to all sections and the pm system. Please see this thread on how to support the
forum. Discounts in the members area on purchases of some accessories and other related items

www.jukeownersgroup.com/how-to-support-the-juke-owners-group-forum_topic606.html?FID=3&PR=3

Also we have our
range of clothing and merchandise which
generates an income for the forum as well.

The admin team and moderators provide their time free of charge but we
cannot unfortunately get the hosting for free.

Once again welcome to
"JOG" we hope you enjoy the forum and join in the fun on the forum.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
hi mark-r,welcome to the forum,i no what it is like struggling to get in to a car this is why i have gone for a juke,it's better to step up a little than fall down in to a seat.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome Mark. The driving position is one of many things that sold the vehicle to me and the ease of access can't be faulted.Best of luck with your decision and purchase.Darren

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome Mark. Just picked my new Juke up yesterday and very pleased with it. The seat position for me was partly a deciding factor as with long term back problems from a car smash many years ago it is much easier to get in and out and I generally prefer the more upright driving position, pretty much like our main vehicle the Galaxy. I had been running Mini's for the last few years but after a couple of hours my back got very unhappy. Juke would be a great choice.
Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Mark
Welcome
I get my White Acenta Premium on Friday
I decided on the Juke mainly for the looks and the driving position, my present car is a Mazda 3 which we bought new last Feb. It's a nice car to drive but you do sit low down which I find uncomfortable after a while and it's boring in comparison to the Juke.
I'm also a Northeasterner (Newbiggin by the sea)

Termie

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Wellcome from another newby in your neck of the woods too

I have the new nismo on order and main reason I'm getting it is easier
To get in and out from my own car and many other modles I looked at didn't really want a crv/ freelancer /x3 but something alternative looking and sporty

Only drove the auto so can't comment on gearbox
I'm going for petrol this time as only do11/12 k miles per year and fuel
Difference on petrol and diesel is do far apart now and dpf worries means
Not so many advantages on diesel for me
Living in Cumbria I did my homework with 8 dealers after my buisness saving
Me £1200 so shop around as I got a better deal then the Newcastle dealer in the end
No what you mean with salesman in passenger seat mine was terrified hence I was really impressed with the nismos performance
I enjoyed the automatic Nismo demo car but went for the manuel to order

So many people jointing this forum every week now

·
Registered
663 Posts
welcome Mark-r, i am yet another who needs the higher sitting position due to a back problem.. i had a 11 plate Juke manual and found the gear change very clunky, didnt like it much. i now have a new Tekna CVT and it is the smoothest car i have ever driven

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had a test drive of a manual petrol Acenta it also had a clunky gearbox which I mentioned to the dealer and he said that was correct for the earlier ones but had been sorted on the 2012 on models, I had a go of one of the new ones in the showroom and that one was fine.
I get my new manual 1.6 Acenta on Friday and fingers crossed its ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi all
We have a weekend test drive with a 1.6 Acenta premium 62 with 1000 miles on.
Not going to well at the moment as we are both underwhelmed with it.

It feels under powered and low geared in 1st and 2nd. Now before anyone
says we don't need another diesel as we have one or a dig-t.

It took me an age to find a driving position that i liked,but more than
anything in the passenger seat i felt car sick now i haven't felt car
sick since i was around 10 (now 42).
But i did eventually find out how to turn the sat nav voice off lol

But as we have the car till monday we will see what tomorrow brings.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
thats not a good start. Still better to find out now rather than after parting with some cash. I know you said you're interested in the DIG-t but may be worth a look if the lack of power becomes the only obstacle. I seem to recall somewhere another perosn suffering from travel sickness but cant remember when or where it was as a passenger aswell I think. I am 5'10" and never have a comfort issue when in the Juke that said I am not you and currently i am having a comfort issue with my other car for some reason Hope the weekend proves a bit more fruitful and enjoyable and by the end of it you like it

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Right day 2 of the test drive We had to go to the wholesalers this
morning to collect 2 large plant pots,should have took the X-trail we
couldn't get 1 in the boot never mind 2 so the boys had to sit with them
on there knees.Next a run over to my mothers fine but the fuel consumption it likes a drinkLeft
my mothers Mrs R driving so a run down the A19 after putting more
petrol in after around 6 miles we are still reading 32mpg at a steady
60.Why have 3 driving modes when only sport gets the car moving,she
pressed eco when driving at 60 and it woudn't go any faster,now it may
be us as we have a 173bhp X-trail and a 200+ astraNow the ride it is so hard every bump,pot hole small pebble is felt through the cabin,the steering is accurate and light.I feel that the driving mode is just a gimmick,why have a G meter?But the main concern after 30 odd miles her back was hurting and her right leg was tingling so we swapped over.But sitting on the drive it looks so so funky Mrs R is taking the boys for a run down the cost tomorrow as i have a wedding on but at the moment it is going back

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Mark. IMO this isnt the car for you, its not ticky the boxeswhere as the funky looks on the drive are good, if its never going to move because it does fit with your daily life its one expensive garden ornament.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts