Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted about a potential juke meeting in the north of England a few weeks ago and we had 7 people interested in attending the first Juke meeting in the north
I spoke to the Committe of the show and they are happy to gave us a dedicated space in the showfield for jukes to park together and actualy meet each other in the flesh and talk Jukes ,car matters ,detailing ,mods or whatever people do when they get together

It will be held at Lightwater valley
Rippon
North Yorkshire
On
Sunday 30 th June between 930-4pm
It started as a Subaru event 11 years ago and is the only dedicated Subaru event in the country but over the years we have devsified into another Couple of marques
We have the independant Porsche owners club ther ,the yorkshire performance owners club ,which have a variety of motors and the B-SPOC owners club which have an amazing collection of motors as well as 11 Subaru clubs in attendance which helps to fill up the field

Last year we had 321 cars in atendence

There is a website for the show which is called the Northern Big One (NBO ) and also a Facebook page for those on FB

http://www.northernbigone.co.uk/index.html

There is hundreds of photos of the event over the years we have held it and of course

Money ££££

We do it for charity and have raise over £54000 for charities since we started it
Our record was £9000 on one day
This year our chosen charity
is prostrate charity
We charge £10 per car donation as you enter the field and all donations go into the charity bucket

There is an arena where cars compete for trophies and
Yes the jukes will be able to enter the best non subaru car of the show class

We have a few trade stand s and refreshments and martin the master of ceremonies keeps the show going with wit and humour and tells everyone what is happening in the arena
There is also a club stand if the day competion for the Subaru clubs which is worth seeing to see how much dedication is out into a club stand

My juke Nismo will be there as the misses is driving it down and has been booked to be on the B-Spoc stand as I have to take my Subaru as I'm Er .....chairman of the show
But it would be great of we could get as many jukes turn up as possible

I will allocated a section between the Bspoc stand and Porsche stand for you and ther will be enough space for 15 cars

Can we form a list please and once we have got over ten I will transfer it to the main list on scoobynet

What we need is
Username Eg lordharding
Modle Eg Nismo
Club Juke owners group
How far you have travelled to Lightwater valley eg 100 miles

So on the list it will be
1 lordharding ,Nismo ,juke owners group ,100 miles

If we can Get all names on the list before the 2nd of June it would help for the club planning as that's when the lists and numbers are finalised and insurance is booked for the event and parking and stand arrangements are finalised

·
Registered
665 Posts
Excellent LH, there are plenty of members and Juke owners in the Northern half of the Island so hopefully you should fill the places easily. I see you have advertised the event on the other forum aswell which should make this really easy to fill up between the 2 clubs I know as forum adminstrator I should be attending myself, unfortunately I cannot commit to it at this time although I will try. I have a busy couple of months with one thing or another, as it currently stands Nissan Juke related things are already taking up 5 out of the next 9 weekends.Its also a 6 hour drive for me and on checking quickly yesterday hotels nearby would appear to be full.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes
With 300 cars atending the hotels get booked up pretty quick and a common request to hotels is

Can I wash my car In your yard and do you have a hose pipe ?
Not what's your best price for a room ?

·
Registered
68 Posts
sounds great and the son can go in the park for the day, however i am embarrassed to ask, where is the list to put my name on, lol ,av searched the N B O site and cant find anything or do i contact the N B O, cheers

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The list

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The list
2 jasper Juke DIg -T red JOC 80 miles

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lordharding wrote:The list 1 lordharding ,Nismo ,juke owners group ,100 miles 2 jasper Juke DIg -T red JOC 80 miles 3 wildfire, juke pure drive, juke owners group, 40 miles45678910

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not looking good
3 jukes and 150 views on the other site
I'm on holiday from Tuesday night but unless we can get say 7/10 it's not really worth having a section for jukes and guess we will have to call it a day with the first
Northern juke meeting
Of course the three if us will be there

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lordharding wrote:

The list
2 jasper Juke DIg -T red JOC 80 miles
3 wildfire, juke pure drive, juke owners group, 40 miles
4 Marcus T1001 Nismo JOC 70 miles

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I am still thinking about this myself.problem for me is I have a busy month already with all things Juke. also its a 6 hour drive although a friend has offered me accomodation overnightSaturday but thats still 1.5 hours away and a drive back home on Sunday. Would like to see a greater JOG presence.

·
Registered
445 Posts
hey, at the moment we may be able to attend, all depends on how busy i am at work with it being end of the month, but im confident at the moment,

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Sorry Guys I am not going to be able to make this one. The distance and a few other factors along with a lot of other things going on this one will just be too much. LH will have to touch base early next year to work some thing between us for this and our own national meet to try and maximise Jukers at both

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes looks like I'm going to have to give up on this one
The five jukes are welcome to attend and can park in the centre of the field
Shame as I really hoped we could of started it off as we have all the infrastructure
In place and always Looking for new car clubs to join us

·
Registered
68 Posts
no worries lord, maybe get more intrest next time, thanks for trying and opportunity, were still going to have a drive down sometime on sunday for a look around.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The misses will be driving the Nismo and will be competing in the arena
We are also up flying the Nismo flag at Glasgow sec in mid July

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Maybe we could make use of the meet option pointed out by Munchy
Shinearama in Altringham host club meets, and it seems it's a good place to stock up on detailing items...
Just off the M6

1 - 20 of 25 Posts