Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just bought an ODB II reader. I already had one, but this one is not wired, it's bluetooth. There are some nice apps for Android (and iPhone no doubt) that will connect to the reader. It will report and clear error codes.The really cool stuff starts when you show things like oil temp, speed, revs, etc. You can use your phone to show the gauges real time and to log info.I'm looking forward to playing with logging 0-60 times

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why does the forum say Kats started this thread in the new posts search? I'm sure I did Scratch that. Now I've replied it seems to be fixed. Or, I was going mad....Paul_S2012-01-07 13:14:02

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kats wrote:You are right Paul, I saw that last night but just thought I had had way too much wine
Damn, I hope it didn't stop you drinking!!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Kats wrote:You are right Paul, I saw that last night but just thought I had had way too much wine Technical clitch, but please dont aske me to sort or explain it, thats way beyond my capabilities

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took delivery of this yesterday:Anyway, it was only a cheap Bluetooth ODBII reader but it works so far:I've not had a proper chance to play with it yet and I am still using the free app so I'll give you some info as I work it all out

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just went out for a quick spin to log a route:I think I'm going to like this toy!(I blanked out the speed at the top of the bar on the left hand side )

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Wifi one, and have tried iOBD gauge, rev lite.

Pretty sure it's kaput though, as most of the time my iPhone wont even connect to the wifi its trying to broadcast

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
For anyone interested, I bought a bluetooth version a year ago and used torque pro lite (free app, so you can try it and buy full app later) - works perfectly on android phone and cost peanuts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
TTDegs wrote: I think you may need to refine your definition of fine

Glad yours is working though
When you go onto wifi on your iphone select the obd click on it then highlight the box on the right that says STATIC ut should connect fine then !!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts