Hi all, admin are very kindly going to post some photo's of my pride and joy on here shortly but firstly i would like to say a big thank you to a certain young man for having a boat load of patients with me in doing thisDeks2013-03-07 17:05:49
thanks everyone, i must say im very pleased with the finished result (well finished for now) the fella that did it for me has done a great job and not a robber either. i have found that the trouble is when doing something like this is you never want to stop but you have to otherwise you would end up with a circus on wheels
Are those door pillars done in a silver colour or is it black and it's just the close-up photo that makes them look lighter? Must admit, since I've scraped my mirror a couple of times on the garage wall, I could quite fancy the idea of doing mirrors with matching door pillars - I've used di-noc before and it's pretty simple stuff to get a good result with, certainly over smaller areas.
Hi actd, the mirrors are done in red carbon fibre vinyl and the door pillars are done in black carbon fibre vinyl. photo's 2 and 3 show the door pillars without the light shining on them and you can see they are black. you need to know what you are doing with the mirrors as there is a lot of heating and stretching to mould the vinyl round the curves and keeping the pattern as it should be.. also the mirror covers can be a bit of a bitch to get off but there is a way
Looks good - I wondered if it was just the light. I have the black carbon fibre on my phone (flat) and a metal wallet (compound curved) - moulds quite easily with a hair dryer, but would be easier with the mirror cover off - any idea what the technique is for removing it without risk of damage?
the way we removed it was; tilt the mirror down and you will be able to see the top 2 clips. using a screwdriver gently prize off the glass mirror. it is easy to see how it comes off, its a circular clip over part.. once you have done that you will see 3 clips, 2 at the top and 1 on the side. they are a 2 pronged clip easily released by sqeezing together with a small pair of plyers then push them out.. now the problem is there is 1 more clip that you cant see at the bottom, if you look hard enough you will find it, there is a small recess that you can get a screwdriver in but not the plyers to squeeze the clip together so as to push it out.now unless you can come up with a another way of doing it we pushed the clip with the driver to get it out but it snapped off 1 of the prongs but this did not create a problem when putting the cover back on as the 1 prong locates back in ok. the other 3 clips are more than enough to hold it as long as you make sure they are clip all the way in else they will pop back out. long winded explanation but easy to follow
Very very nice looking car there Oldbloke! Some nice details - I especially like the mirrors. The pattern on the red looks amazing.Have you considered posting a tutorial on how you did them? I bet lots of folks would be interested.I also like the rising sun pattern coming out of the Nissan badge - very cool.It helps that you have the best colour of course.
good morning SilverNismo and thank you for your comments..when you add to your car you do it for your own benifit, but it is always nice when other people like what you have done....i am not a technical person, some of the things the lads talk about on here just leave me at the starting post. i dont have a lot of money to play with but i do like my cars to look that little bit different...the mirrors are done with carbon fibre vinyl which i got from e-bay for just under £4.. the rest of the decals are just normal vinyl. i got the idea off the Nissan USA site. the rising sun pattern on the site was in 2 colours but we decided that it would look better in the 1 colour. the bottom graphic was as the site one apart from the word JUKE which i decided would look better in the red as apposed to the colour of the car.. i am lucky as i know the chap that does the graphics and he is quite a talented lad. if you show him a photo of what you want he can do it. believe it or not the whole lot cost me £70 and that was with a £10 tip
not bad for an " old fart " like me hey Kats looked into it in great depth, studied the graphics for quite a while as i didnt want them to look cheap and nasty. chose proper Juke ones but off the USA site and just tweeked them to make them individual. must say though i am very happy with it
Evening oldbloke. I bet you are happy with your Juke, and the distinctive look for only 70 quid that is my kind of modding budget! Seriously I was expecting the mirror work to have cost more than that!Thanks for sharing these pictures. I can't get enough of Juke piccys while I wait for mine, and there are so few silver ones around.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.