Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now had my basic diesel Juke for a year, and covered 53,000 km. I wrote a 30,000 km review and nothing has really changed since then. I won't repeat the things I mentioned in my earlier review. Nothing significant has failed since then. Everything has continued to work pretty much as expected, there have been no faults, and I am still a stranger at the dealers.The only slight issue I have had is a clip holding the luggage area cover to the rear hatch has broken. I gather this is a common fault. It causes inconvenience beyond its worth, and I feel is something that could be improved. I haven't had this problem with other cars.This was a relatively mild winter by local standards but obviously cold in UK terms. The lowest temperature I experienced was -27C and that was only for a few days. The Juke coped well, starting easily and reliably. I wasn't happy with the heating system over the winter but now we are into spring I am forgetting about that. Maybe I will regret this when it gets to next winter, but for now I am enjoying the car and intend to keep it. I may fit a larger block heater before we get the cold weather back again.I changed back to summer tyres a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how worn the summer tyres are. I had forgotten about that. I may need to replace those sooner than I expected. The winter tyres are in good shape though. The only minor niggle I had when changing the wheels was that the alloy & steel wheels have different sized wheel nuts. It isn't a major issue but with 4 tyres to change it gets annoying to keep changing the socket on the rattle gun. Surely the different wheels could use the same size of wheel nuts?Summary: A fine vehicle that has been no trouble and I am happy to continue driving it, at least over the summer.

·
Registered
838 Posts
A great report SJukeF, interesting to hear about the Juke in different climate to ours here in the UK.
There are a few reports of the diesel not always starting first time, i guess that is a glow plug type issue, maybe impatient drivers like me who are used to petrol and just jump in and fire up straight away.
Winter tyres are definitely something i will look at next year as the Juke was hopeless on the white stuff.
I think you looked at a Dacia Duster at one time? Is that an option for next car, or have you dismissed it?
Cheers

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think you can fit after market heated seats which would help with the cold too.Thanks for the feedback on the Juke, good to see happy reviews as people often only write a review when something goes wrong!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jukeov wrote:I think you looked at a Dacia Duster at one time? Is that an option for next car, or have you dismissed it?
I think the Duster looks interesting. I haven't dismissed it but I have done nothing about it. If I am ever near a dealer when they are open I might try one, but I am in no hurry to change the Juke.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
crag wrote:I think you can fit after market heated seats which would help with the cold too.
My car has the factory-fitted heated seats and they work very well. Also the heated mirrors work well.The heating problems I have had mainly relate to keeping the windows clear. The other thing is the block heater (which is more likely a sump heater and probably fitted by the importer) is underpowered so at most it takes the chill off the oil without warming the engine.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I saw a Duster a few days ago - the only thing I didn't like was 'DUSTER' in large letters across the chrome rear hatch handle, otherwise, it doesn't look bad, especially for the price. I think if I wanted a workhorse that I was going to run into the ground, I'd seriously consider it. I found the heating a little cool in winter on auto, but if I switch the heating to vents and floor (I think that was it) instead of using the auto, it warmed the interior much quicker and I was generally pretty toasty.

·
Registered
867 Posts
actd wrote:I found the heating a little cool in winter on auto, but if I switch the heating to vents and floor (I think that was it) instead of using the auto, it warmed the interior much quicker and I was generally pretty toasty.

I totally agree. That is the method that I have adopted too and find it the quickest way to warm or cool the car respectively.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.