Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back on the dyno today with our totally stock Juke Dig T running super unleaded fuel.Tuned the car to run 4 different boost levels , the higher 2 levels I have tuned the boost to taper in to allow the car to be driven easily , there is no need to try to run 1.2bar @ 3000 rpm in these FWD cars. This makes the car nice to control through corners and on part throttle , boost control is stock under 50% throttle.There is still a little more work to be done we have a slight restriction running high boost the RED solid line; I think with some more digging in the ECU we maybe able to sort this out.By abbeymotorsport at 2012-07-11By abbeymotorsport at 2012-07-11By abbeymotorsport at 2012-07-11leaned the car off at part throttle and high rpm , so I think the car should use a little less fuel;I hope to have some more time to play with the ECO,NORMAL and SPORT buttons that we now know only adjust the throttle response on the engine , I hope to re map these to make the cars drive a little better.I am happy to say that the Stage 1 Abbey map is 95% finished for a totally stock car running on Super unleaded fuel, the unleaded map for a totally stock will be ready soon as well.I think the 1st modification will be removing the 2nd Cat , but still having the stock exhaust fitted, this will make the car still legal for MOT's, we are in talks with Injen in the US at the moment but still waking for Milltek to come back with prices on there new system.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
we have had news these systems are £714-00 this includes a 2nd cat delete pipe. But they have changed the way the 2nd cat delete pipe connects to the system so we cant use this with a stock system.we are working on stage 2 being a stock exhaust system with the 2nd cat deleted so we are waiting for a Injen 2nd cat delete pipe to arrive early next week, this I feel will allow us to hold 1.2bar boost to the red line easily so we hope to be able to see over 200 hub bhp to the front wheels. Running this 2nd cat delete pipe will allow the Stillen exhaust system to fit as well. We will be fitted a Milltek complete system as well very soon to ensure we are going in the right direction with regards exhaust development.I doubt I will have our development car back on the dyno next week as I am a little snowed under with dyno work and we are away later on next week drag racing in Germany.Since the 1st stage upgrade with our car we have seen a small improvement in MPG , drivability is greatly improved , we just had some beta software upgrade on the EcuTek so hopefully will be able to gain some more improvement.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Back on the Dynapack dyno today with our shop JUKE Dig T, small tweak with the base setting's with the EcuTek software.We have noticed that the car drops BHP at the top end we think this is due to an exhaust restriction so we been thinking about a development programs;There are lots of idea's and parts available in the US, from what we have read exhaust Hard pipes and then a intercooler upgrade is the way forward.But I thought I would like to see the different steps myself on the dyno , so 1st mod was remove the 2nd Catalytic converter , we used a Ignen 2nd Cat delete pipe , couple of runs (RED stock car GREEN 2nd Cat delete pipe fitted) and we only have gain a small amount of torque and BHP in the mid range , so next item to be changed will be the exhaust we have a Stillen here already but I feel this will not really be large enough so we may have to look at either a Milltek system which includes the 2nd Cat delete pipe or the Ignen system to go with our already fitted 2nd Cat delete pipe.Stay tuned more dyno work next weekThe BHP graph on the right hand side although labelled flywheel BHP is actually hub bhp.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul you got a DIG T Juke now?In the limited driving time in the Juke since last Friday although the car didn't show much more full throttle gain I have noticed the part throttle response has improved considerable car feels much more alive as to speak.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paul, dont worry I have something for the 1.6 N/A Juke owners very soon.....

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
[email protected] M/S wrote:paul, dont worry I have something for the 1.6 N/A Juke owners very soon.....Diesels please. Looks like I will be keeping mine for the foreseeable as i cant afford the Nismo so need to tune it up. I have read about the bluefin but was waiting to see what you came up with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We have touched on tuning the diesels but I haven't looked at it since Bluefin have got into the Diesel ECU.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Keeping the 2nd CAT or removing the 2nd cat?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HUB BHP AND FLYWHEEL TORQUE (don't take notice of the header on the graphs)we feel the 2nd cat is the main restriction in the system.Any questions ask away. We can supply a Milltek system as well as the remap.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ECUTEK remap is 495-00 inc VAT tuned on dyno.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts