Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Standard air box and pipe work is restrictive, however a Nice free flow filter will help it breath, just make sure the filter is not heavy soaked in oil like the k n type the destroy mass meter sensors.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nickj3694 wrote:Yes just swap it for the oem filter ... Got mine from ebay £24 so half the price of the K&N panel filter
Any link to the one you purchased as I can't find one on ebay at that price?Cheers

·
Registered
867 Posts
Seriously toying with upgrading the panel filter of my DIG-T.

Question is Pipercross or JR - does anyone have any experience of the latter?

I have discounted K&N.

Thanks.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Is an air filter worth upgrading on the nismo ? Piper cross seems to be the choice. ?
Easy to fit ?

Had a revo on my Vrs and it sounded a little better but generally 'placebo' was the verdict on the Skoda forums - maybe a 1 or 2 bhp improvement.

Comments welcome. Cheers guys
bullyboy2014-02-10 21:09:48

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
you could try a hks that what i'm using at the moment, seem to breath better.from j and n till i change the complete system.
Gadget2014-02-10 21:32:35

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
yes,easy to fit same as any other panel filter i have one in stock there are couple of pics on my website j&n under hks

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Gadget wrote:yes,easy to fit same as any other panel filter i have one in stock there are couple of pics on my website j&n under hks
Gadget, thanks ill take a look at your site for the filter. Having not fitted a panel filter, i presume its just snap in/off - no tools ? My Skoda's Revo filter was a round type filter that needed to use a torque wrench on a couple of hex type bolts.(as you can see I am no mechanic.....) Let me know

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
it' just a case of unclipping the top pipe and pulling apart gently remove it out the way then releasing two metal retaining clips then slowly pull apart the two halves apart the bottom of the air box has two lugs on the front half which locates on the back half. then you can pull the old filter out then put the new filter in and it will only fit one way so it is then just put it back in reverse.if you can send me a pm with your email address i can send you some photo's over.forgot to say the best part is you don't throw the complete filter away when the foam element is dirty, you can purchase a foam element separately then fit it in to it's frame.Gadget2014-02-11 17:23:01

1 - 20 of 48 Posts