Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Power steering has failed. Had green flag out and been told its a mechanical fault, to contact garage. Anybody know if i'm covered on warranty even though 12 months service not been done??

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
marmajuke wrote:
Power steering has failed. Had green flag out and been told its a mechanical fault, to contact garage. Anybody know if i'm covered on warranty even though 12 months service not been done??When was the 12 month service due??You may have to go with the goodwill of the garageif you had the service done elsewhere they will probably want proof of parts usedif you just havent had it done and its only a little overdue you'll have to explain that you were away on business not been back long and was just going to get it booked in

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
just looked on the other site to see you got in in August last year if your mileage is under the annual service mileage you may get some slack but if its over then you could be on for a battleThat said as you know Nissan can be friendly if you approach them the right way

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Decs, Only just hit 4000 miles, Just tralling through the warranty stuff. It went while driving. Very scary. Greenflag said power steering should last the lifetime of car? Its an electrical mechanical fault, and not a service fault. So should always be covered by manafacturers warranty. Gonna let hubby sort this one out.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
marmajuke wrote:

Thanks Deks, Only just hit 4000 miles, Just tralling through the warranty stuff. It went while driving. Very scary. Greenflag said power steering should last the lifetime of car? Its an electrical mechanical fault, and not a service fault. So should always be covered by manafacturers warranty. Gonna let hubby sort this one out. I think they will be fine with it I had an issue many years ago got them to do the service while they did the warranty repair.I cant seem them saying its worn out with only 4K on it.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
As said, I'm sure you'll be fine. Speak to your dealer and if necessary contact Nissan Customer Services:Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd,The Rivers Office Park,Denham Way,Maple Cross,Rickmansworth,WD3 9YS.Tel:01923 899 334Fax:01923 899 900

·
Registered
39 Posts
marmajuke, you frighten me to death!! Can you explain the circumstances and experience, please? I dare not tell my wife: she was involved, many years ago, in a Ford LTD, in Venezuela, where the power steering failed and the car ploughed through the central median and hit a car head-on coming in the opposite direction!! She was in the passenger seat (LHD) and took the full force of the crash. She carries the scars, both physical and mental, to this day. If she knew that the steering could be a problem in the Juke, the car would be history very quickly!! I would appreciate your comments and also would like to say thank heavens you are O.K!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for your comments Deks.It goes some way to allay my fears. I do so enjoy the car and sing its praises to anyone who asks about it, or cares to listen!! I suppose my concern was also allied to the problem I am having with my steering lock, which is proving difficult to remedy.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Red Baron wrote: I suppose my concern was also allied to the problem I am having with my steering lock, which is proving difficult to remedy.Understandable given its connection to steering but a different fault. rest assured you issue won't cause steering failure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts