Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys...Was just after your opinions on servicing your Jukes! I have just got off the phone to my local nissan dealer where she quoted me £370 for my jukes second service! She then went on to tell me it as a thorough service and they changed all filters and topped up oils... and even checked your headlights were level!! £370!!!Just priced up all the parts to do it myself, and it comes to less than £100... could probably find it cheaper too if i do some research!But really is it worth doing it myself to save a bundle of cash... but then not get the service stamp in the book? Will receipts of parts be classed as service history? Opinions would be great! :)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
You will invalidate your warranty if you dont have it carried outby a VAT registered Garage.You dont have to use Nissan dealers but any goodwill gestures in the event of a problem later willl be gone.if you use an independant garage they have to use genuine parts and equivialent oils.I would also recommend shopping around dealers as this has come up before and prices do vary

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I was told that I had to use the main dealer servicing in order to keep the free breakdown cover with the RAC.
Looking at the requirements, my regular spanner monkey would charge me about £90 (knowing I'd drop him a bit more) and use the right parts and stamp the book properly.
I asked what a second service would be at the moment, when I picked the Juke, and I was told about £190 plus VAT.
I'm still weighing up the pro's and cons, but coming out on top at the moment is the thinking that they might be more inclined to give me a good part-ex value and deal on my next Juke in a couple of years if they look after her, and the RAC cover is worth £60 plus in any case.
Related to that issue - has anyone been able to increase their level of cover with RAC for a reasonable cost?

·
Registered
445 Posts
im doing my own service tomorrow, think i might charge the wife 100.00 as she is using the new juke a lot more than me, give me some more pocket money to buy more goodies for it then,,

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
having paid up front £300 for 3 years I think was £250 but I think they put the price upI am not sure on the annual service price but I think possible the £370 is the 3rd year biggy service£750 for all 3 years seems about the average

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just don't know how anyone can think its acceptable to pay that price?! £370 is like a weeks wages. and your paying that to a mechanic to drop the oil and change some filters? It should take no longer than 2 hours to do that.I'm probably aggravating some people on here for having this attitude but it just seems ridiculous!Think ill be servicing myself.. Ill enjoy doing it and save myself a fortune. As regards service stamps, I'll just keep a folder of all the receipts for service parts I have bought. If i save myself £150 each time i service the car, and keep it for 5 years then ill be able to afford knocking £750 off the price when i come to sell it!

·
Registered
838 Posts
I agree Tom B its a rip off, of that £335, a whopping £210.78 was labour and parts that were oil filter,sump washer,screenwash,air filter,air filter kit??, and a litre of brake fluid came to £68.39.Its a license to print money.
And how, at supposed Nissan approved dealers the prices can vary by as much as £150 is beyond me
If i thought it was worth it, i would take it up with NCS,but honestly cant be arsed.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
First the cost is ridiculous, its way to expensive as are 90% of franchised garages but that's the way it is .
No point speaking to NCS it isn't an issue with in their control each dealer sets its own rates although guided by Nissan and their prices are not far off any main dealer no matter what make.
Tomb by all means service it yourself and save the money it's unlikely to affect the resale by much but you will void your warranty which is valid for 3 years subject to approved servicing of which self service isn't

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Very True. I understand about the warranty, That bit does bother me.. and also annoys me! ha ha!Think its something im just going to chance. Fingers crossed! lol.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Tom B wrote:Very True. I understand about the warranty, That bit does bother me.. and also annoys me! ha ha!Think its something im just going to chance. Fingers crossed! lol.
Tom B, seriously, i would think twice about doing it yourself, believe me any excuse they can get to wriggle out of a warranty claim be it for a broken trim clip or a new engine, you have given them the ammo`.
I would ask around your local garages for a price,print the service schedule off and get them to order genuine Nissan parts,i think you`ll find this is quite common and they will know what to do ,to give you some sort of back up if a claim arises.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I think legally (restrictive trade practices or something like that) they can't invalidate the warranty unless the work done has caused the problem - in theory, even non-Nissan parts should be fine as long at they are of equal or greater quality (and it's possible that they are even the same part - as an example, on my old voyager, Chrysler diesel injector were £750 each, Bosch injectors were £250 each, but the Chrysler parts were made my Bosch and were the exact same part). However, it does throw the burden of proof back on you, so you may end up hiring an expert to back up your claim, and certainly Nissan would not give any goodwill at all once the warranty is ended.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
The rules are for warranty to be intact the service has to be carried out by a VAT registered garage and use parts of of equal quality to that of genuine, servicing the car yourself will invalidate your warranty full stop. Even if you used genuine parts.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
It's a pitty dealers don't do the supermarket price promise...
I do think this would be a useful ongoing topic for the forum - knowing the up to date pricing for servicing would be a great help when looking to book a service. I will definately be hopping around if the price I am quoted by my local dealer is significantly higher than others not to far away....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The price i was quoted may well be from your local dealer Cr4zyhorse!... If your local garage is the main dealer in St Helens? lol. - Just so you know! :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.