Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if we do a training day on here this is basically what goes on just did this on saturday for the qq guys and girl heres the pics of the day thanks to gadget and his camera work so lets get started , heres what we started withwell looked pretty poor so was going to be a challenge so out with some of my kitso first step a pre wash cleanser was used this was left to dwell for 10 minutes or so then jetwashed off next up the wheels were done , first a coat of iron-x left on for 10 minutes again then jetwashed clean finally for the cleaning stage i opted for poorboys spray and rinse which is a touchless acid cleanser left for 3-5 minutes and jetwashed again leaving them sparkling clean now back to the bodywork , time for some foam left for a while then topped off with another coat of "magifoam purple" coloured foam just for the fun of it while this foam was dwelling i went around all the badges crevices and grill with a soft brush to remove any grime that was caught around or in themthen jetwashed againnow it was clean enough to be washed i used a definitive wax lambswool mitt and definitive shampoothen out with the leaf blower , yes the leaf blower , i use this to get the water out of all those places it gets trapped like door hadles ect as it can run out down the side of the car hours later when your on a crucial stage like sealing so bes get it out now arches were scrubbed with various brushes then the car was jetwashed one last time so with the wash stage complete it was moved inside out of the sun next up was claying once the car was clayed it was wiped down again ready for correctionso first up was the flex rotary with a harsh wool cutting pad and a mixture of m101 and ultimate compoundthis is were i removed all those scratches and swirls as best i could in the given time , im pleased that i achieved a 90+ % removal of the scratches and all the swirlingthen the guys all had a try with the flex 3401 da polisher and a finishing pad with megs 205 polish while i carried on with the rotary and a gtech ivory finishing pad and 205 qashqaiman at the controlsthen stevethesimtecgadget working away then it was time for gadget to get to work and help me out so while i was polishing he went round all the plastics with wax off to remove most of that discoloration on them caused by the accidental use of a pre used wax pad to apply a plastic dressing so a mixture of the 2 didnt look good starting to look good now polishing complete so time for the plasticsi used gtech tyre and trim on the rubbers and vinyl and ad blackout on the lower plastics and bumpersi apply with a brush and wipe off with a clean microfibre while i did this gadget had cleaned the glass thoroughly with erasor then panel wipe and was now applying g1 glass sealent to his windowssome of the guys taking a break to check there engine bays once the plastics were dressed i moved on to a full wipedown of the paint using panel wipe ready for the sealent which in this case was wolfs hard body once applied with a make up pad to all the paint it is left for 15 minutes to cure and then buffed off with a clean microfibrei then dressed the tyres with rd50 and she was then rolled out into the light for a final buff i finally gave gadget a treat and put a coat of g-techniqa exo on , the can in my hand is £150 some final buffing and she was done , great meeting you all and hope you learned a thing or 2 heres some final shots of here , scratchless and looking like a new car if i do say so myself remember all those scratches ..... gonethe stone chips still show but the bonnet scratches were completely removedback home on his drive
ctrdetailing2013-05-20 17:26:35

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Saw the thread on QQ forum CTR, excellent job you did there, which is just aswell as mine is starting to resemble that QQNeed to sort out getting it doneI am away the next 2 weekends though

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no probs i have 3 cars booked in from members there on the day , there supposed to have watched and learnt then done there own but some said "bugger all that work , when can you do mine" in having a couple of weekends off myself now and then ill start arranging getting you all done

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Wow!

Perhaps there is still hope for mine - it's feeling a little neglected at the moment...

But just tell me, your "some of my products", you were just referring to the stuff on the table, not the entire warehouse behind...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Wow! The QQ is in a similar state to our black Touran. Don't suppose you're popping up to Doncaster anytime soon lolOn a serious note, that's great work!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Lost for words again Craig. Well done buddy.

Have you had the results of your competition entry yet?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
TheShield wrote:
Wow! The QQ is in a similar state to our black Touran. Don't suppose you're popping up to Doncaster anytime soon lolOn a serious note, that's great work!
Yeah - we need a ctr roadshow, taking in the north

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeh darren i won mate that day was in witsh*te and was a 3hr 30 minute drive there friday night and 3hrs to get home saturday so i get around , maybe northwards next time

·
Registered
867 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote: yeh darren i won mate

Brilliant result and well deserved buddy. Many congratulations.

·
Registered
445 Posts
quality job done, nothing beats a day on the paintwork with a buffer. love that water beading, what was that you used never had that product before?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
g-techniqs exo , its a super hydrophobic sealent , i add it after the ceramic sealent for weapons grade protection very expensive but we all have our vices

1 - 19 of 19 Posts