Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bear with me, this isn't a CWA (Car Wash Anonymous) meeting, but has anyone taken their arial off - for any reason - and forgotten to put it back on?

If so, was radio reception notably any different?

Reason for asking :
shark fin

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to answer my own question, in case anyone else is wondering - it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference whatsoever!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
TTDegs wrote: Just to answer my own question, in case anyone else is wondering - it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference whatsoever!

When you say it doesn't seem to make any difference....
1. Is that with the fake sharks fin fitted?
2. Is it just the radio which uses the ariel?
3. If 2 is no, have you tested other connectivity at all?

I'd like to fit one of these and at the price, was going to just try it, but happy to learn from others

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: TTDegs wrote: Just to answer my own question, in case anyone else is wondering - it doesn't seem to make any noticeable difference whatsoever!

When you say it doesn't seem to make any difference....
1. Is that with the fake sharks fin fitted?
2. Is it just the radio which uses the ariel?
3. If 2 is no, have you tested other connectivity at all?

I'd like to fit one of these and at the price, was going to just try it, but happy to learn from others

My testing has purely been with the arial removed - I found a better (to me!) looking fin that is currently winging - or swimming - it's way from the States. Princely sum of £3.75 inc postage

I'm planning on nicking the idea of more expensive ones, and running some wire around the inside of it and bolting that into the base...

I'm not sure if anything else uses the arial signal, but I've had no problem with the sat nav or the phone, which are the only other things I could think would use it.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
See - this is what drives me nuts about this pigging adiction...
Wake up early to get to my desk and I just have to check what's being discussed, two bloody clicks later and I'm buying stuff on evil bay.
I'm not sure who is going to kill me first, the wife or the postman....

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Chuffingheck wrote: When you click on the eBay link in this post it helpfully tells you someone bought this in the last hour! Now who could that be............

DOH!
Question now is do I get it painted?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
acrorat wrote: So are most folks getting new aerials just for the looks?

I was pressured into it by forum members above

Not sure if people have noticed but thee is a bit of negative feedback for the guys in the link above, but so far their communication and dispatch time is great - let's see what it looks like when it arrives....

·
Registered
838 Posts
Does this work as an aerial tho` or is it a style add on? On the US forum a guy bought a VG(virtual garage) one, that clipped over the existing mount (stalk removed) and i`m sure that was USD 80
Wouldn`t mind one tho` and the spoiler will get painted next week so may do this as well.
I`ve started getting things sent to works address, missus still thinks i`ve lost the plot!

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Jukeov wrote:I`ve started getting things sent to works address, missus still thinks i`ve lost the plot!
Hmm, getting things sent to work to hide this may be classed as an admission that you have

·
Registered
838 Posts
actd wrote: Jukeov wrote:I`ve started getting things sent to works address, missus still thinks i`ve lost the plot!
Hmm, getting things sent to work to hide this may be classed as an admission that you have
You may well be right I'm 52 years old and sometimes think I really ought to have a word with myself

1 - 20 of 24 Posts