Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It only started a few weeks ago (and probably not coincidentally after I'd put the seats down). Any ideas how to fix it?I know I could / should take it to the dealer really but if it's a quick and easy fix then I'll just do it myself. Mind you, if we all fixed these minor faults ourselves then Nissan would never get any useful feedback I suppose!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello Paul_S,We are sorry to hear about this problem. Since it's difficult to identify the problem online, we recommend that you take it into the dealership. Please let us know if you have any other questions.Best,Bryanna

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi popped my Juke into dealer into main dealer with same problem. They are taking back in Monday 20th Feb to have a look. Will post further info. We could not find anything loose in back or under cargo area.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deks wrote:seat belt buckle?
Having looked again, I think you may be right Deks Time will tell... But it does mean Sarah will have to turn the stereo down so maybe we won't know for sure until I drive it again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Guys. The dealer has flagged the issue as sound proofing around the fuel tank. They will take it out and put some in (probably a bit of loft insulation or soggy cardboard). Common fault on a few apparently - worth getting checked if you get a problem. I found out at 2000 miles after the 1st people sat in the back. Other than this love the car - 1.6 digt Kuro. Swapped my VW Toureg for it and not looked back.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, that's good info. It wasn't the seat buckle on sarah's causing the problem.

We've decided to wait until the first service - at this rate it won't be that long before we hit 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer has given a 18,000 mile service interval on 1.6 digt. May be worth getting it in there before. I was going to leave it but didnt want any come back. You know what it can be like. Also Nissan have recognised the fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had Nissan on the phone. Rattle coming from fuel tank and fuel sender unit apparently. New part on 3 week back order. Sounds like a relatively serious problem. Hope Nissan can give me a GTR on hire as compensation........

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finally got round to taking the car to the dealer to look at this rattle. The problem comes from the latch in the seat. There is a replacement part on order for me.In the mean time, they did a temporary fix with some trim tape:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The temporary fix has been good so I didn't push this one but the JUKE was in for it's 18k service today and I asked for an update.Apparently there is no fix for this yet. A replacement seat latch will not fix it. KAP Ashford have pushed for an update so I will let you know when I do.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
From what my dealer said, this is not an issue for the vast majority of cars. Maybe it's something to do with how they put them together rather than a component fault.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I had my rear seats down several weeks ago (for the first time) and left the car overnight loaded up. Since restoring the seat to the upright position I now have sporadic creaking from the near side. The load wasn't heavy and I am somewhat bemused as to the cause as the seat locks firmly. I may well give this fix a try; albeit it is a creak and not a rattle in my case. Darren C2012-09-12 22:25:52

·
Registered
185 Posts
My has had a creak from the ns rear since new only happens when moving off drive or over kerbs

1 - 20 of 54 Posts