Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello need some advice/help please,

I have a 17 plate juke Tekna 1.2 Petrol manual. It's got 35000 miles on it, it gets a service everytime it's due. I've heard a rattling noise from the driver side wheel area when accelerating, cars been on a ramp and nothing is physically broke.

Had the car to a main Nissan dealer and they diagnosed worn timing chain tensioner, suspect timing chain. They recommend a new chain kit and upgraded oil pump.

Surely on a car that's 5 years old and done 35k miles this can't be right? Anyone else had issues?

I've raised a complaint with nissan to see what they say too

thanks for any help

·
Super Moderator
751 Posts
Hi Tony, Welcome to the forum, As for your timing chain fault, I am sorry to say your dealer is right these cars especially the 1.2 was known for the faulty timing chain, I should imagine that Nissan will come back and ask you to pay for the labour cost's. I can only advise you to argue this with them because it was a known fault when they sold you the car, the later models have had this problem rectified.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tony, Welcome to the forum, As for your timing chain fault, I am sorry to say your dealer is right these cars especially the 1.2 was known for the faulty timing chain, I should imagine that Nissan will come back and ask you to pay for the labour cost's. I can only advise you to argue this with them because it was a known fault when they sold you the car, the later models have had this problem rectified.
Thanks for getting back to me, I should hear from their customer service team in a few days, hopefully they will settle the full cost including labour

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Tony, If it was my car then I wouldn't wait for customer services to contact me I would chase them up.
Getting a call back on Monday from Nissan, car has been diagnosed and it definitely is the timing chain according to the main dealer who did the diagnostics. Main dealer raised it as a warranty claim but they said Nissan only want to pay for parts, but until their customer services confirm this to me I am still in the dark. Main dealer said if it's just parts they would pay for then labour costs for me is in excess of £1000.

Still livid that the car is only a 17 plate with 35k on the clock.

EDIT: also advised to not drive the car as this can cause more damage, no courtesy car been offered as of yet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts