Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonjour

Much like myself my new diesel Acenta hates starting up in the mornings (or after being left in the car park all day).

Appreciating that diesel engines need a bit of patient and ensuring I wait for the 'horizontal spring' indicator on the dashboard to flash on and off, there times when I think it really isn't going to start.

It's got to go back in to have its shockingly loose handbrake tightened and I was going to ask them to investigate then but before I do - any tips? Or advice on what could be wrong?

Cheers Drive

Flo PJ.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Dave, I find my diesel can sometimes be a right pain to start. I am so used in this day and age of getting turning key and she fires, which my 307 does. However if i try this with the Juke no way I have to turn on ignition and wait a short time before firing it up every day morning and evening Also this is my second diesel and this one is harder to start than the old one and thats wasnt great
Deks2013-03-13 13:07:24

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I have no problem with mine as long as I wait for the glo plug light to go out. One thing some owners of Voyagers do (from a forum I was on when I had one) is to switch on, wait until the light goes off, then switch off and back on again straight away and when the light goes off again, then start - I think it warmed the plugs up a bit more - could be a myth, but no harm in trying.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
FP, just got off the phone to Nissan a problem has come to light that is affecting a very few diesel modelsbut not the Tekna level the lowers ones whereby the BSI isnt sending the correct signal to the glow plugs hence they are not warming the car. this appears to be on some brand new cars so it may not be your issue but a quick run by the dealer should tell either way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.