Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Again found elsewhere on the net useful guide to taking off lower part of front bumperLoosen the clips

Then you can pull the plastic part towards you, first time it a bit difficult

Remove 3 clips under your bumper
Remove these wind things or something, just two screws

Rotate your wheel to the outside

Pul the plastic around the wheel arce toward you

Behind you'll see an other clip and one bolt, remove them (don;t
forget the other side and rotate the wheel to the other outside :D)
Pull the lower part towards you gentle

Voila
Losen your fog light and there you go

otherwayaorund to get it back on

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Just to confirm this is almost identical same on the new shape. When I removed mine I didn't pull the wheel arch covers to remove the bumper but found it impossible to realign the wheel arch linings with them in place. I notice this doesn't mention removing any clips on the wheel arch linings so maybe that wasn't necessary at all.3 clips beneath the bumper:Large clip removed from wheel arch liner:There is also another clip at the top which I didn't get a photo of.10mm bolt and clip inside the wheel arch liner:The only thing that I needed to do was to remove the front number plate bracket. To do this, remove your number plate and undo the 2x 10mm bolts. Mine had a little tape holding the bracket on too.Part removed:Number plate removed, showing the 2x 10mm bolts:Wine rack removed (there are 10 clips along the top):Wheel arches part-removed:I only needed to unclip the bottom 2 clips to get the arch liners back in place. To help remove them easier I squeezed the clips on the inside with a pair of pliers.I was really reluctant to touch the wheel arches because if they didn't line up again on Sarah's week-old car she would have been very upset!!! But I had no choice in the end (I wasted about an hour trying to get the liner to clip back in place before this).

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
That looks excellent - my only concern from doing this before if getting the wheel arches back in place. I was wondering about the idea of fitting a one piece grille like you have done with the wine rack still in place - but I suspect that idea is doomed to failure.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
actd wrote:That looks excellent - my only concern from doing this before if getting the wheel arches back in place. I was wondering about the idea of fitting a one piece grille like you have done with the wine rack still in place - but I suspect that idea is doomed to failure.
I looked into that. On the facelift Juke I would say it's almost impossible. I think the grille would suffer too much damage dragging it through the small gap between the bumper and bar. Certainly the black grille I used would have been scratched beyond use.Pulling out the lower edges of the wheel arches wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did squeeze the clips inside the bumper with pliers which helped.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Another possibility I have considered is to fit the grille in front of the wine rack - cutting the mesh and then fitting rubber edging to give it a neat finish. I'll look into it more when I have the Juke - I don't think it would have gone down too well in the showroom if I crawled around under the car taking measurements

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yeah! That could work too. Putting it where I did also protects from stones going to the slot at the top of the wine rack too. I think you'd be unlucky to get a stone through there but it is possible.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Yes, I never did that top slot on my current car, but it was always a risk that a stone could still get through there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts