Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another firm favourite for replacement - the somewhat less than bright headlights on your Juke.The manual lists these bulbs as:Item Wattage (W) Bulb NoHeadlight high/low beams (Halogen) 65/55 HB5We know them as H4 Many, many types of H4 bulbs are available, as they are pretty much the standard fitment in loads of car makes, so lots of companies make them.Osram Nightbreakers seem to be the current forum favourite , although a few other types have also been fitted (such as in this thread - http://www.jukeownersgroup.com/hod-h4s_topic1165.html )AutoBulbsDirect (don't forget your JOG member discount!) are selling them at £20 at the time of posting this thread.http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/H4-Osram-Night-Breaker-12v-60-55w-90-pair.htmlor about £12 on ebay Personally I've gone with something different again - Philips X-treme (ebay link), so I'll let you know how they work out How To Guide here

TTDegs2013-05-04 11:34:37

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the x-treme bulbs went in ok, but to be honest, in daylight didn't look all that bright or white.

At night however, they do appear to be both

But my iPhone is flat from taking pics all day, so you'll have to take my word for it until tomorrow

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
i have gone another route with something different - Piaa Powersport X-treme white plus with anti- vibration from part BOX same results as TT.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I posted a question about h/lamp bulbs a few days back but can't find the thread so I've put my reply in here where it should have been posted anyway I got some Osram "Night-breaker +" from fleabay, easy to fit cost £12.70 delivered exactly what I was looking for............nice & bright but not that irritating "whiter than white" super bright that an increasing amount of people are using on the roads these days.In short, good upgrade to standard lamps fitted, not likely to upset a lease company & cheap enough not to have to worry about the replacement costsDick

·
Registered
105 Posts
They don't seem to be that much better than the "Nightbreaker plus" spec wise with 20% claims for improvements in light output.On the road I would have though the differences would be quite small................but you never know Some A-B comparisons will be interesting to see if they can justify the price hike (110%) over the "plus" versionInterested to hear more about theseDick.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
503 Posts
Will be very interested to see your feedback on these Degs
I have a set sat on my desk, having a day next week when I can fit all my goodies

·
Registered
503 Posts
No update from Degs on his new headlight bulbs

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was an earlier start, and a late finish

I do think that the new bulbs are a bit brighter - may be a placebo affect, but seems that way.

The lights are a bit more blue than the Phillips Extreme that I had in previously, but still not a great match for the Cree led crocs that I've got in.

Overall I'm happy, but I'm not sure that I would recommend anyone who has already upgraded swapping to these.

If you haven't already upgraded, they are a good option

·
Registered
838 Posts
In my never ending quest to find a match for my drls and led sides with a blue tint, I didn't find the Halfords Ultra any brighter than the Nightbreakers, and really just as yellow. For now I've got supposed 7500K bulbs from Carmod shop, there the whitest/blue so far and a good price. Next buy is Osram Cool Blue Intense..........who knows?

Edit, just seen the AutoExpress testing of blue bulbs with Autolamps Cobalt II coming tops with a beam rating of 89 compared to the Osram Cool Blue only 63! At 12.95 there worth a punt.........watch this space.

Double edit: Ha......ha.....After clicking on the Cobalt link, I've already bought these .........and was not impressed. I've got a feeling that maybe the Juke reflector does not give the best results Jukeov2013-10-23 07:36:14

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just to add my two pennyworth in I Have installed the PIAA H4 Xtreme white plus bulbs to my Juke DIG T having first tried the Phillips and been not very impressed in the manufactures claims . The PIAA Bulbs whilst expensive , in my opinion transform the poor standard lighting that this vehicle is supplied with .They are E maked and according to supplier are u.k street legal .Been in for about 8 weeks now with no problems .

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used the PIAA super white jobbies in my DS3 .. They are bloody expensive , they are the whitest solution I found and the closest match to the running lights without going to HID which is the only real solution if you want to try n match running lights . However I will NEVER buy the PIAA again as one blew about 3months after purchase, these were replaced FOC after PIAA examined them to check for greasy print and then one blew again after about 8months so although they are good they just don't last , at £50 a pair that isn't good enough ... I've used Osram night breaker plus since and to be honest they are whiter than standard but not quite a match for the PIAA but at £13 a pair you don't mind.
I will be using Osram in my Nismo juke when it arrives :)

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I have Piaa Powersport Extreme White Plus which are also used in quad bikes etc and have anti-vibration.which you need on our roads with all the potholes and broken up tarmac.they have been in just over six months with no problems but they did cost £78 it's a case of you pay's your money and takes your choice.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have fitted Ring Xenon Ultima which are whiter and brighter than standard and improve night time driving massively. I Cannot compare against night breakers as I have not used them but they do make my LED side lights look very Blue??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Night breaker unlimited bulbs are a big improvement. My fat hands couldn't fit inside to do the replacement so went to my supplying dealer in Hull... They changed them over for free!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts