Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Possibly one of the first bulbs you'll want to replace, to remove the 'egg yolk' effect The manual lists this bulb thus:Item Wattage (W) Bulb No.Front turn signal light* 21 PY21WHowever, this really means a bulb of type 581 when searching the likes of ebay.Critically, these are the offset pin type To remove the orange-ness of the look, you need Silver or Chrome ones.These appear to be 100% legal, as long as they flash orange.I'd personally suggest NOT going for LED versions, tempting though it may be, as the lower resistance of them will at best mean they flash too fast (which can be an MOT failure), or at worse, throw up a CANBUS warning error. Which is never great.So.If you've gotten this far, either go search ebay or your other favorite light supplier such as http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/ (dont forget to check out the member discount code in the member section here ), and search for '581 bulb' and pick a silver or chrome one.http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/custom_modules/finder/results.php?carid=18618&type=car will take you direct to the Juke bulbs Cheapest I've found (and can't comment on quality or durability yet) were £5 plus postage (from AutoBulbs as it happens, before JOG member discount), or about 20p cheaper on ebay.How To Guide now added herePlease note that front, rear and side indicators all use different bulb types!The above is all for the FRONT indicator

TTDegs2013-04-23 09:07:43

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
tt degs I thought 501 were capless and I can assure you the rear bulbs all of them bare no resemblence to the front indicator bulbs the rears are the largest capless bulbs i have ever seen

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Thought it might be for people to list the lighting upgrades they have done so others can seeI got mine from http://click-parts.co.uk/

Sl.

Product Info

Quantity

Amount

Total

Ref No. : 501 Silver/
Chrome Indicator
pack Qty: 2

£ 4.95

£ 4.95

Ref No. : 581
Silver/Chrome

£ 7.95

£ 7.95

Ref No. : Osram Night
Breakers H4 (Pair)

£ 17.45

£ 17.45

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Deks wrote:tt degs I thought 501 were capless and I can assure you the rear bulbs all of them bare no resemblence to the front indicator bulbs the rears are the largest capless bulbs i have ever seen
edited, cheers Deks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Did anyone try and put any LED's on? Just trying to see if what TTDegs has said about the problems that might appear is checking out or not, I'd much rather have the LEDs all around the car.

Regards
Igor

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Igor is your juke original or face lift,as i have a set of leds on the way but they are for facelift but i can get them for the original similar to the plasma's but ballast resistors may be required,to stop them flashing to quick.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1st gen unfortunately,and yeah that's what brings worries because knowing me I'm probably gonna find out that the LED doesn't work as it should on its own and then take half a year to get it fixed...
I'll contemplate on that topic tonight and have an answer tomorrow, cheers gadget ;)By the way, would you do a discount on buying a set of LED's fog/sidelight/3xindicator/rear-stop/reverse/reg plate that's if you can provide them all? Need to draw me up a quick first mod budget this month Inc.the forum membership blah blah blah, wish I just stuck with the old car ThanksIgor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts