Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sarah was in lane 3 'going quite quickly' when a stone hit the screen. It hit close to the edge but in the 2 miles home a crack appeared...So we got in touch with our insurance company and got a windscreen replacement booked.The first screen they fitted was a genuine Nissan one but turned out to be a left hand drive screen! Apparently there is a step in the bottom of the screen which makes no sense to me because it fitted fine with the exception of the step rising above the plastic trim. I don't understand why there is a step as it fitted fine apart from that You can see the tape they fitted along the bottom of the screen here:Anyway, they came back the next day and fitted a RHD screen (Pilkington, not Nissan) so all is well.I'm not sure if we had bad luck or if there is a batch of screens incorrectly labelled but if you need your screen replaced then it's worth mentioning it when you speak to the fitter.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Noticed on my rear screen it says Nissan pilkington, so I assume the front screen will be the same, so probably is OEM part.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pilkington is owned by NSG Nissan Safety Glass, was the cut for the VIN number in the right place on the LHD?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.