Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right ok now I've had the Juke for about 3 weeks I am starting to feel the modding fever & one of the first things I want to do is to retrofit a Nissan Connect system but am reading different conflicting info. Can anyone shed any light on what exactly is required in order to have a fully working Nissan connect unit & fully functioning steering wheel controls as I have read retrofitting a Nissan connect to a juke that has never had a connect unit in the first place will cause the steering wheel controls to become jumbled up? Has anyone with a visia / acenta model successfully retrofitted a Nissan connect unit with fully functioning steering wheel controls?, if so how did you do it & what exactly will I need? I know I will need the Nissan connect unit itself but is there is an exact model or a way to search a particular version of the connects that work 100% with the Juke? I already have the fitted usb / aux socket & I know I will need the gps lead & a mic patch lead but is there another lead out there that will make the steering controls work? Any help would be really appreciated as hoping to get it done in the next couple of weeks if I can get to the bottom of this steering wheel control business. Cheers Phil

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
i havent done it and dont really understand it, but from what I have read the connect unit needs to come from a Juke to ensure the steering wheel controls work correctly there are others on here with a greater knowledge on this and will surely shed some light soon

·
Registered
867 Posts
I know the connect looks the business (with good functionality; nav and camera) and makes the dash and car look more high end, but after considering the same upgrade, I opted for a £30 TomTom app for my iPhone and a £10 holder.

The reversing camera is something I can also live without given the cost and effort to upgrade.

I admire you for taking it head on though and wish you the very best of luck.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
phil, i have a juke f15 workshop manual on disc it's in a pdf format in the audio/navigation section there are wiring diagrams how to take off panels etc, the one snag as i see it is that it stretches over 89 pages on installation and testing.i will try and copy it for you over the weekend i will let you no if it has done it ok.then can arrange to get it to you then you can decide if it is doable or not

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get the feeling the retrofit isn't as simple as I had read if you want the steering controls to work.Before I bought the juke I read several threads / forums etc.. that gave the impression it was very easy to retrofit, which i suppose it is but there is the drawback of the steering controls which I don't think I can sacrifice as I do use them often.it's a real tough choice as I would really love the connect unit fitted as think it looks really nice in centre of dash.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I'd still look at alternatives - the piano black bezel is quite common and you'd be able to get a much bigger screen. I'm pretty sure there are ISO adapter cables these days to handle the interface to the steering controls.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm just always cautious of third party touchscreen units as I feel they tend to not blend in with the dash that well.Does anyone have any pics of third party touchscreen units fitted to a Juke?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
been reading about & still non the wiser on retrofitting.does anyone know exactly what controls get messed up when retrofitting the sat nav unit?is it just the volume up & down & skip track buttons?or does all the cruise control buttons & phone answer / reject get messed up too?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'm beginning to suspect that although the Connect units may well be identical hardware wise, the software they are running is likely to be different - which would explain why some of the controls may not work as they should.As it quite what does and doesn't work - not sure sorry

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hi Tonksy,
There seems to be quite a few Connect units about on eBay from Qashqais , Navaras etc which will fit straight in, and then you have the Kenwood,Alpine 2 din units, which are normally quite expensive.
Another option is the Chinese 2 din which are also a direct fit, and you will certainly be able to get volume, source and mode through the steering controls , Bluetooth etc functions on these units, and they are normally priced between £200-300. I had one of these in my Grand Vitara bought from Shenzen Rof Audio with Igo 8 mapping, and it was a cracking unit for £230 I paid. I could of bought 3 of these for the price of the Kenwood. It had the Nav, Bluetooth, 6 disc virtual disc, PIP, too many features to mention really, but do your research, its all out their.
Jukeov2013-04-22 21:20:05

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi.Just found your post and i am trying to do the same thing in my acenta sport.how did you get on? did you manage to fit the system and what was needed.Just picked up a connect system from a 2013 Juke off ebay, but it hasn't come with anything, no HD card no code, nothing.what do i need? help

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Radio code I can't even remember if they have one ,will need to check my service folder
As for ds card. Look on eBay there are plenty available and at a fraction of the cost.
If you want the rear camera then you will need to source one of those and probably the wiring. For it
If you want the sat nav you will need the GPS transmitter too.

Another member on here wanted to do the same and went to a breaker and done a deal for the whole lot inc the connect unit

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks DeksIt said on the ebay description when I bought it NO CODE so im guessing I need something. Ye saw lots of SD cards on ebay but need to know which one really. will a connect 2 card go into a standard connect? everyone that advertises one puts a description with lots of different codes, so unsure which one will work?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I just spotted this thread too. You don't need to worry about using a standard Juke reversing camera. I've fitted a front camera to Sarah's one and it just needs to be an NTSC camera with a flipped image. The head unit supplies 5V to the native camera but just about every generic camera is 12v so just wire that into the reversing lights and job done

1 - 17 of 17 Posts