Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been driving for around 35 years now and in all that time, I have never had a problem with reverse parking into a parking bay - alway get it in first time, right in the centre of the bay and perfectly lined up. However, since I've got the juke, I just don't seem to get the car straight unless I use the guidelines on the reversing camera - I get out, see that the car looks more like it was dumped than parked, and get back in t straighten it out. Don't know if it's the curvy sides that are throwing me - does anyone else find they are doing this?

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squiffy - I like that :) seem to remember queenie saying that in black adder.

Do the front and rear wheels have a different track measurement?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
actd wrote:Do the front and rear wheels have a different track measurement?According to tec data depends on model 1.6 petrol 1.6 petrol 1.5 dCi 1.6 DIG-T 1.6 DIG-T cvt 4wdTrack front (16"/17") mm 1540/1525 1525 1540/1525 1525 1525Track rear (16"/17") mm 1535/1525 1525 1535/1525 1525 1505

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the dCi with 17" wheels - so that excuse reason isn't valid for me

Got to be the curves down the side making it difficult to line up. Or eyesight is going.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Interesting figures there Deks I've never been that good at parallel parking (hardly ever need to do it really) but the Juke is a damn site more easy than the Zed! Both have rear cameras - which I think is a must because the manufacturers design cars for looks and aerodynamics nowadays, not for visibility!

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's great parking backwards, it's the front that always catches me out I am alway 3 feet further away than I think I am.!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Paul_S wrote:I wonder how much it would be to install the 360 degree vision system the new QQ has...Don't even ask. if I remember right the rear camera alone is about £200 from Nissan without everything else

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Fitting a camera to the front would be easy, I guess you could fit a switch to change the signal from the reverse camera. It would just be a case of switching the reverse signal on to the head unit and the composite signal from the reverse camera to the front-facing one.Don't get a reverse camera to fit to the front though as reversing cameras have a mirror image so the picture will be back to front.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
that will be Ford USA. Back in the days when Scrapheap Challenge was on telly I remember the US teams using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I think that is proved here!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the Ford version, its neat and compact and doesn't stand out, where can I get that one??

·
Registered
183 Posts
Rattly wrote:It's great parking backwards, it's the front that always catches me out I am alway 3 feet further away than I think I am.!
i do the same!think im close then get out and i'm miles away

1 - 20 of 33 Posts