Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is going to sound tight but I hate given a garage anything.I'll be handing my car back to the garage at the end of April. The annoying thing is that my road tax needs to be renew'd at the end of March Do I get 6 months then ask for a refund or is there another option?(The car will also be going back with just fumes in the tank as that was pretty much what it came with )

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
the road tax is of no use to the dealer they cant cash it like they used only the registered keeper can refund tax. When I traded mine in in November I had just put 12 months on it and sent it back when i p/x d the car. I discussed the road tax with the dealer and he was fine about it in fact he even said cash it in Besides if you a re getting an L200 you will need that for your new one won't you?

·
Registered
663 Posts
went to sign the papers for my new car today to save bothering in the morning. the reason i asked to collect it this week instead of last is because the dealer can tax it for 1 year 1 week which would have taken me to the end of Jan next year. what have they done ? yeh, forgot the 1 week so now the tax runs out end of Dec so i only get 11 months..thick or what. they gave me back the tax of this car which has another 2 months on it but by the time it gets to the tax office it will be Feb so only 1 month to claim back, is it worth it

·
Registered
165 Posts
In the past I have dealt with the road tax in two different ways,!. Arrange a refund figure for the tax with the dealership, or as was suggested by the dealer when taking delivery of the Juke; that I return the tax disc and personally receive the refund.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts