Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having learnt the hard way that removing the parcel shelf is not a good idea to increasing boot space I am now considering purchasing some roof bars so I can fit a roof box for trips away.I have looked around and the same 3 or 4 makes turn up. I know I can get them fitted at the dealer but if fitting yourself is it best to go for the Nissan ones or are other providers just as reliable? Also, a friend mentioned that when fitting his roof rack he had to buy intermittent rubber roof liners as the original long one needed to be removed to gain access to the screw holes beneath. Is this the same on the Juke? I don't want to go pulling on the rubber liner if it's not meant to come off.Cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am about to get some roof bars and will probably opt for Thule as I have used these on all my past cars and always found them to be excellent quality and fit well, unlike Atera which tried to add a dent to the roof when they were fitted on my Mazda 3

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have decided to go for the Nissan bars as the bar ends don't protrude from the end fittings, unlike the Thule ones, it might make them a bit quieter.
Glyn Hopkins online have the aluminium ones on offer for £135

Gary

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I bought cruz bars from www.roofbox.co.uk - cost me 80 last August including delivery - Cruz Optiplus 110cm roof bars x 2 ST-110 (921 305) and Cruz roof bar fitting kit CR5492 (935 492).

Worked brilliantly - not streamlined, but unless you intend to leave them on, then by the time you've added a box or luggage, the bars won't add much to the drag/noise.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry to hijack and resurrect a 2 month old thread but I didn't want to start my own as it's almost covered in here... Are the "Nissan" bars the way to go? I'm after a small roof box and was looking at the Thule Aero bars firstly but they're a bit expensive...
TheShield2013-05-15 21:46:23

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
As I said above - the Cruz bars are much cheaper and do the job nicely.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Cruz aluminium bars look ok and 92 quid from roofbox.co.uk including locks, thanks. I think I'll still give our local dealer a buzz today to see if there's any deal to be had on a set of 'Nissan' bars.TheShield2013-05-16 06:51:09

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
TheShield wrote:The Cruz aluminium bars look ok and 92 quid from roofbox.co.uk including locks, thanks. I think I'll still give our local dealer a buzz today to see if there's any deal to be had on a set of 'Nissan' bars.I would recommend sourcing a price form the forum dealers they are all keen to help I do know that Glyn Hopkin offer a good discount to **JOG Supporters** in the paid members area of the forum

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I scored a set of genuine Nissan bars for £70 off the eBay at the weekend and opted to pick them up.
They are like new so I'm well pleased.

I have got a cycle carrier and a roof box so I'm all set once again..

I'm always nervous that bars are going to damage my car (and that I'm going to damage the car fitting them)
so if anyone has any advice or tips to share, I'd be grateful.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Going to fit these at weekend to pick up a bike (not mine I hasten to add)

I'm wondering if I should use a thin piece of rubber to protect my paintwork inside the door where they grip onto the car.
Anyone used the Nissan bars with or without protection?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Termie wrote: Had mine on for 2 weeks and havn't noticed any scratches, just make sure you clean the paintwork before you fit it and fully tighten.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,new to this forum,but would like to ask ,the roof bars on the juke,do they mark the paintwork when fitted,I'm only using them for a 7ft fishing hold-all,as I don't want to put it in the car when wet,thinking of buying from mocks garage,the aluminium with a t class track.thanks in advance. Tony.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts