Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any 4wd owners out there?

Whilst my usual running in routine consists mainly of ensuring that I don't stick at any given revs for extended periods, I do usually try to avoid trapping it toooooo much before getting a decent number of miles on the clock.

With the mcvt box (or I guess the cvt box), this is proving to be a tad difficult

I floored it today, partly to see what would happen, and partly because I was joining a mway, and matching traffic speed.

Quite apart from the fact that matching the speed was rather easy , the revs went up to the redline, and stayed there - the cvt box doing its thing, which is great

But it's making the whole "don't thrape" it bit a challenge

Anyone got any suggestions - apart from knocking it into Eco mode!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yes.I babied him in ECO mostly for the first 200 miles (mainly slow traffic situations anyway, so no hardship there). Then spread his wings a bit, letting him have some NORMAL when appropriate, such as merging, passing, jumping on and off roundabouts . Eight hundred miles I had set as my 'do it right' cut-off point, which came along relatively quickly. SPORT then became 'mode of the day', but in shortish bursts, rather than permanently, as much of my driving just doesn't have the roads to really enjoy a good belting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts