Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I checked the levels today I noticed just how badly the nuts on the top of the suspension struts are corroded.Does anyone else have this? I think these pictures look ugly...Nearside:Offside:Excuse the very dirty state under the bonnet. For some reason I clean the Zed's but not the Juke

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Yes Paul when I was removing the bulbs from the old car I noticed this on mine exactly the samewhich reminds me I must put some grease on them.I have forwarded this to product manager at Nissan so they can take a look nothing a simple plastic nut cover won't cure
Deks2012-12-22 19:22:12

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, good idea mate. I would advise anyone to apply some grease before they get to this state.It does seem that the water collects there. I think some cars have a rubber cover over the top of the struts.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
i ve just seen this topic bought to light elsewhere on the net so thought I would remind members of the issue and re advise a little amount of grease around the nut and stud will prevent rusting

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've not spoken to my dealer about this yet. I think it might be a slightly tricky one because I know from experience the corrosion warranty doesn't cover nuts However, I would argue with them on this one, I don't think it's acceptable. Also, if the rust was around the strut (rather than on the strut itself) then it could be an MOT failure.On a slightly different topic, the 'chrome' exhaust tip is badly corroded again. I've already had one replaced under warranty Also, I've given up trying to keep it really clean under the bonnet. With no undertray it gets so dirty so quickly. Does the Nismo have an undertray? I've not looked.
Paul_S2013-06-21 20:44:59

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I felt bad enough before! But what can you do when it does more than 350 miles a week and in the wet all the dirt gets sucked into the engine compartment?!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look what I found on a Note forum....A great bit of DIY with an old plastic container and some silicon sealant!
Paul_S2013-06-25 20:58:00

·
Registered
419 Posts
Well, as good as my word just went out to the car and found nuts already greased. Must be done at factory or by dealer on PDI so someone at Nissan has taken note.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.