Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turned on the old diesel the other day and got a message on the connect screen saying Upgrade now available. Please contact your Nissan dealer. Has anybody had this message and contacted their dealer and if so what was the outcome ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,691 Posts
I get this message once a year and usually after it has had a serviceI have never acted on it and nor will I . My understanding is the upgrade is in excess £100 From reading about this very topic elsewhere I would say the best option is to search ebayfor a more upto date SD card than what you have which will obviously depend on your own circumstances.I cant tell you how the numbers work on the card but there are one or two other members who know that are sure to explain it later Hope that was of some help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DeksHave checked on the Nissan site and they sell the new SD card at I think £127. Didn't know wether to call the dealer that i got it from, act dum and assume that they upgraded for free and that is why I got the message
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,691 Posts
specialk wrote:

Thanks DeksHave checked on the Nissan site and they sell the new SD card at I think £127. Didn't know wether to call the dealer that i got it from, act dum and assume that they upgraded for free and that is why I got the message Always worth a try who knows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,691 Posts
specialk wrote:Too true Im afraid. Contacted the dealer, acted dum, and they asked for £200 for upgrade. Never mind.oh well, worth a try. keep an eye on ebay if you want an updated card. Just make sure its a newer version than you already have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
Deks wrote:
specialk wrote:Too true Im afraid. Contacted the dealer, acted dum, and they asked for £200 for upgrade. Never mind.

oh well, worth a try. keep an eye on ebay if you want an updated card. Just make sure its a newer version than you already have.

I was offered a new card but when I put it in the connect, it displayed the card but did not allow me to update -does this mean it is registered to another vehicle and can't be transferred??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
CR4ZYHORSE wrote: Deks wrote:
specialk wrote:Too true Im afraid. Contacted the dealer, acted dum, and they asked for £200 for upgrade. Never mind.

oh well, worth a try. keep an eye on ebay if you want an updated card. Just make sure its a newer version than you already have.

I was offered a newer card (basically swap with my father in law who just got his new Tecna) but when I put it in the connect, it did not update/install - does this mean it is registered to a vehicle and can't be transferred, or is there an activation procedure I'm missing?
Also it seems I can't swap him since you can't "downgrade".
Having played with the map in his Tecna, I do want to update mine to the 2012/2013 but before buying from evilbay, I want to make sure I don't screw up....
Can anyone point me to a procedure or instructions, or advise?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,691 Posts
C4 do you have a connect or connect 2?? as far as I am aware the connect 2 cards are differentwhen I had a few of these for sale I tried them all in my car and they all worked fine I am not aware of them being registered to a particular car but I cant answer your query.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
Deks wrote: C4 do you have a connect or connect 2?? as far as I am aware the connect 2 cards are different

when I had a few of these for sale I tried them all in my car and they all worked fine
I am not aware of them being registered to a particular car but I cant answer your query.

A ***** in your armour mate - I thought you knew everything....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
From what I can gather from the various cards being offered for sale, there is a card for connect and a card for connect2
Important to get the right one obviously...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,883 Posts
Only Juking wrote: Does anyone have a pic of where the sd card is located on the connect 2 (chrome dial)
Many thanks

Hopefully someone will help sooner but if not I will grab a picture of the father-in-law's tomorrow..
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top