Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so myself and the other half have done afew longer journeys now, we knew where we were going but i wanted to try the satnav and on all occasions it wants to send us completly the wrong/longest direction!
Its at the pont now my other half doesnt want to use it anymore.. just going from our house to my parents it wanted to add an aditional 20mins of travel time! that was with me changing most of the setting shortest fastest ect trying to get it to use the best route..

anyone else experianced this?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What annoys me more is, if I want to change my route on the go (owing to congestion or whatever), the damn thing keeps trying to force me back onto a tail-backed motorway .

Running up to Sheffield from South Notts is a case in point, where by far the best, unclogged route to the M1 is via East Leake, cross-country for me, maybe a mile more, distance-wise, but the SatNav is determined that going the Nottingham Ring Road is best. Maybe there's a way to teach it preferred routes?

The odd thing is that my iPhone Navigator, Co-Pilot Live, usually picks a route I would have chosen myself, from an old-fashioned map.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Not had any real issues with mine but then it doesnt often go far. A couple of times it posts a route I wouldnt take but then corrects itself on route. I have found mine also updates on congestion and selects a different route. As discovered when going to Wicksteed Park it diverted me through the lanes to avoid a major tailback i think it was on the A14

·
Registered
185 Posts
No problems at all with mine.

Might sound daft, but why do you use it when you know where your going?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my other half used it on friday coming back from champneys she knows the general way home but it sent here on a 3 hour long jaunt shes never been on before..
so i tested it today going to a freinds in stoke, and it was a complete farce.. first off im 5 mins away from the m1 but it wanted to take me through town no where near the m1! it was shouting to pull u-turns untill i was on the m1, at which point it recalculated,

my usual route is to come off at junction 28 towards derby then onto the A50 straight to stoke.. but it took me sailing straight past junction 28 (i thought i would drive like i didnt know where i was going as thats usually what you use a sat nav for!) 2 junctions down it suddenly came up saying that my route would be taking me allong toll roads im assuming the M6 and increased by an hour and 40miles! so i switched it off and turned around.. and went the way i know, not exactly usefull if i ever want to go somewhere i dont know the way to :(

·
Registered
185 Posts
Raceworx.........Sounds like its broken ! I went to Stoke (Handley) from South Wales, didn't put a foot wrong, take it into the stealers!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im going to run through the settings and see what can be changed and compare times and distances to google and our ancient tom tom..

im sure when push comes to shove it would get me where i need to go im just not sure on it being the "fastest" way..

·
Registered
790 Posts
A LITTLE POEM FOR YOU ALL

I have a little Satnav It sits there in my car A Satnav is a driver's friend It tells you where you are.

I have a little Satnav I've had it all my life It's better than the normal ones My Satnav is my wife.

It gives me full instructions Especially how to drive "It's thirty miles an hour", it says "You're doing thirty five".

It tells me when to stop and start And when to use the brake And tells me that it's never ever

It tells me when a light is red And when it goes to green It seems to know instinctively Just when to intervene.

It lists the vehicles just in front And all those to the rear And taking this into account

I'm sure no other driver Has so helpful a device For when we leave and lock the car It still gives its advice.

It fills me up with counselling Each journey's pretty fraught So why don't I exchange it And get a quieter sort?

Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, Makes sure I'm properly fed, It washes all my shirts and things and - keeps me warm in bed! Despite all these advantages And my tendency to scoff, I do wish that once in a while I could turn the damned thing off

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Love it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts