Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I right in assuming that the new sat navs have the speed cameras built in. I currently have a 2010 model that doesnt although I was sent a file to add them which I didproblem is I doubt I could remember how the hell to do it and doubt I could find the email instructions as it was 2 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Deks wrote: excellent news.

I'm afraid it isn't good news. The built in cameras are woefully out of date and not spectacularly accurate in what they notify, and there's no way to remove them (well, there is if Navteq wanted to which they won't - they removed the France database when the law changed this year, so it can be done). There is a monthly update from Navteq which will cost about £25 a year if I recall correctly, but it's still out of date. The better option is the database from PocketGPSWorld which costs £20 per year, and gives a weekly update (with cameras reported by members) in the form of a POI file which is added to the Connect - the issue with the connect is that it then warns you twice about cameras where the Connect database is correct which is annoying to say the least - you can't disable warnings from the Connect database and leave the POI switched on. I have got around the problem to some extent by removing fixed camera records from the PocketGPSWorld with an ID below 100000 so it's not so bad for me now.

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Oh, in answer to your original question - if it's vaguely like the new connect, you go into setup, and it's something like navigation setup and import my POI file.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@actd, thanks for info. upto date isnt really that much of an issue to me as we dont go that farthe poi database that I put on my current car is 2 years out of date now anyway I dont feel the need to pay for any updates as I do less than 6K per year and most of that is local its just a nice warning to have on the odd occasion we venture off for a meet or something

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just to back up the above, my 11 plate has the cameras loaded on it, and as above is woefully out of date. Best example of this is round the corner from my house there are two cameras around 200m apart, I'm told by the wife they were both installed at exactly the same time and have been there as long as I can remember (6+ years), I get alerts for just one of the cameras

·
Registered
790 Posts
the built in ones are shi...crap i have the pocketgps ones and there good and you can also edit them and the onscreen warnings , mine say "SLOW DOWN CRAIG THERES A CAMERA AHEAD !!!" as stated above if you ad these you get 2 warnings though so i was glad i got the non camera connect but im ordering a new one next month and will have to deal with this issue myself , not happy maybe dealer will swap my current connect into the new car

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
One more thing I found interesting - when I had a Micra on loan recently, the map SD card had been removed, but I was still getting the built-in camera warnings, so presumably the file must be on the Connect somewhere, not the SD card. Just wish I could remove it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
speed cameras are stored on the connect memory not the sd card if they were on the card it would be easy to get rid of them by putting an older card in but sadly not that simple , only option is to sell your connect and buy an older version model (pre 2011) which would not have them installed , its a simple swap if anyone wished to do this

·
Registered
115 Posts
On the Qashqai site, someone has said that if you do a factory reset of the Connect unit, then load the cameras from pocketgps site, then the cameras in the connect are over-written and you will only get one warning.Also, the cameras are installed in the connect with the Version 1.5 of the software, not the mapping software. If you can get hold of the earlier software version, it will not include the speed cameras.I will continue research, but int he meantime, do not shoot the messenger, I am simply passingon info I have read.Jeff :)

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kats wrote:Our dig-t does not have the speed cameras loaded as it is a 60 platenever realised that if I find the files or the USB with them on next time we see you I can give you the usbor put them on if you want them

·
Registered
115 Posts
Looks like Nissan have some software to modify the camera database, the instructions can be downloaded from the link below. There is info in there as to what software you need to get hold of.Jeffhttps://mega.co.nz/#!NsMigCrY!LOBhAx6Vqqztha2R1CxqIEijR3cpbuGOgOrSE72rx6Y Here is the Nissan Software referenced in the article aboveSetup_NISSAN_Connect_PC_Tool.exehttp://mega.co.nz/#!lg9EnC4K!aw8_yGbXd7Vgmeq3J0ASekjVNcAKnnBMQqzfxzc2tDcI have also posted a question on PocketGPS site to see if it would be possible to create a blank Nissan update file to, effectively, delete the Nissan cameras in the firmware. If/when I get a response, I will update.Jeff
jthspace2013-02-15 20:26:42

1 - 20 of 50 Posts