Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my Audi A2 lacking full DIS, I bought a ScanGauge II as a bolt on accessory. Having passed over the A2 to Mrs C (who is not remotely interested in said device) when I bought the BMW (with full DIS) and then the Juke; I resigned myself to it collecting dust in the garage.One of my very few gripes with the Juke is the loss of the DIS mpg display when using the cruise control. An Einstein moment later and I elected to solve this by installing said gadget in the Juke.As I seldom make use of the iPod shelf, I elected to install it here; given that this location nicely affords the best route to discretely hide away the wiring to the OBD port. A few cable ties later and I am more than satisfied with the end result. Whilst it is arguably low down, it is neat and tidy - which I like very much. I only propose to glance at it occasionally at any rate.The device itself is capable of running four gauges at once; this can range from water temp to constant mpg, average mpg, mph, rpm, engine load and a whole lot more beside. The display colour itself can be customised reasonably well within the settings menu for that personal finish.One can never have too many gadgets to play with... Just thought I would share.Darren

·
Registered
185 Posts
Darren, looks good where did you get it from?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Darren C wrote:Cheers Deks; don't know why the links didn't transfer over into the post properly. click on the globe and then paste the address in and remove the http//but you know that rightand dont blame me if its wrong we all saw what happened when i tried to get technicalcrash goes the forum

·
Registered
72 Posts
[/QUOTE]
click on the globe and then paste the address in and remove the http//

but you know that right

and dont blame me if its wrong we all saw what happened when i tried to get technical
crash goes the forum
[/QUOTE]

It's like grandad and a skateboard. U know the two don't mix but can't help and watch out of morbid curiosity.
Hehe much love uncle meaga-byte2012-08-18 22:58:42

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Deks wrote:
Darren C wrote:Cheers Deks; don't know why the links didn't transfer over into the post properly. click on the globe and then paste the address in and remove the http//but you know that rightand dont blame me if its wrong we all saw what happened when i tried to get technicalcrash goes the forum
I knew it all along; just giving you the opportunity to prove your IT skills to the world post crash... Generous aren't I..?!

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I find the cruise control speed display stopping everything else displaying is very annoying as well. I do have a bluetooth dongle which goes in the canbus port - cost me about £15 on ebay and then you can link it to the torquepro app which allows you all sorts of displays - toying with the idea of permanently mounting an old android phone to display this.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hmmm, this has got me thinking...

£20 for a wifi obdII dongle from t'bay, and a free download of xtool from App Store, speak nicely to my wife as she no longer uses her IPod touch since I bought her an iPad...

Hmmmmm indeed!

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
is the dongle wifi or bluetooth? But yes, that's the general idea.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Right then.
I've been thinking about this...

There seems (given that I have no juke to play with quite yet!) to be no obvious place to mount a display that is
1. Somewhere near eye level so as not to have to look away from the road much
2. Able to be left as a perm mount without attracting broken windows over night
3. Able to run power to it

Except, maybe, the sun visor...

So what I'm thinking, possibly, is mounting a 7 or 10" cheapo android pad up there...

But this may depend on finding a way to make it fold up out of sight when not in use, or somehow at least covering it up if the pad is too heavy for the visor to remain in the up position.

Watch this space!

But if someone could measure the visor in the mean time, to at least see if this is a viable space, I'd be mucho appreciative

1 - 20 of 23 Posts