Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The service schedule for Juke models is Juke 1.6 Petrol - 12mths / 18,000m
Juke 1.6 Petrol Turbo - 12mths / 12,500m
Juke 1.5 Diesel - 12mths / 18,000mI would highly recommend any private buyer to take out the low cost service option upfront as its costs are less than a year 2 service.

·
Registered
838 Posts
This maybe a dumb question ,and I suppose I should look it up, but I will call on the JOG members fountain of knowledge ..
So, my car was one year old when bought and had 8.5K miles and had its 12 month service as part of the deal. After start up in the first few weeks ,next service due would show 17k miles and over the following 3 months it has now come down to 13.7 K, which means that is up over the weekend. I will wait and see what happens , and won't ignore the service interval, but why a service so soon after only 5k miles ?

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What model do you again jukeovDCI and N/A petrol is 18K service interval or 12 monthsDIGT is 12K or 12 monthsits possible they didnt reset it when serviced I know last year mine wasnt reset, mind you it still hadnt counted dow when it went in this year.I wouldnt worry to much I think you can reset it yourself anyway just stick to the 12months or mileage plan

·
Registered
838 Posts
Yeah, thanks for that . It's the 1.6 std petrol. I'm not a big lover of these 18K service intervals anyway, i usually change the oil every 6K.
When I had my 200sx turbo, I used to change every 3K, pity I didn't realise tho' that my auto g' box oil was getting overheated due to blocked radiator, and it went bang in the Lake District, totally cabbaged the inside.........3 grand later

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lu's Juke is now 3 years old and is due a service.As it will no longer be covered under warranty I will most likely do the service myself.It has only covered 23,000 miles so am I right in thinking the spark plugs and cabin filter don't need replacing?It looks like a simple oil and filter change is all that is required. I will let the MOT bod do all the other visual checks

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Personally, if its only done 23k in 3 years, I'd pull the plugs and have a look at them.
They should be fine, but if that mileage has been lots of short runs, them may need a bit of a clean, if not replacing.

Cabin filter...
Hmmm. Going to depend more on where its been driven I guess.
Not sure how easy it is to remove on the Juke, haven't tried that yet.
But if easy enough, again I'd pull it out and have a look.

But yes, that not a technical answer, just my thoughts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Degs.I called the main stealer a few moments ago for a price.... £405 WTF From what I have now gleaned from the service schedule, it looks like the plugs and cabin filter is only replaced if it has done the miles. So although it is its 3rd year service if it hasn't done the miles then less is actually done.... interestingly the stealer didn't ask how many miles it had done So it looks like an oil filter and oil will do fine..... a saving of about £360 I recon.
Bat212013-08-14 15:40:52

·
Registered
5 Posts
Deks wrote:The service schedule for Juke models is Juke 1.6 Petrol - 12mths / 18,000m
Juke 1.6 Petrol Turbo - 12mths / 12,500m
Juke 1.5 Diesel - 12mths / 18,000mI would highly recommend any private buyer to take out the low cost service option upfront as its costs are less than a year 2 service.

Hi,Sorry to resurrect such an old post, but I recently have
become aware that different countries appear to require different
service intervals.I own a Nissan Pulsar which shares its entire
engine and drive train (FWD model) with the Juke. In Australia, the
service interval required by Nissan is 6 months/10,000Km.From your post, in the UK it's 12 months/12,500 Km for the petrol turbo which my Pulsar SSS is also fitted with.Now,
it's been brought to my attention, that Ford and Mazda also have this
discrepancy, i.e. US and many other countries are forced to be
over-serviced (in my opinion at least).So, I am keen to find out
exactly where you got your information from and if it's an official
statement from Nissan, I would very much like a link to that, so that I
can use it in my argument here in Australia that the car only needs
servicing every 12 months/12,500 Km. (I typically only do about 3-4K Km
per year, so replacing mileage dependant parts such as air filters etc
is totally unnecessary). I did search the net btw for this info, but
could only come up with Nissan's fits all service intervals PDF which
cover intervals as low as 3 months/5000Km.Many thanks,Philip.

jpp2014-03-21 07:38:30

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Phillip the Uk Jukes have 12 month service intervalsdepending on the engine this will be either 12000 miles (DIG-T)or 18000 miles (DCI+1.6 PETROL)NOT KM The information is contained with in the service schedule booklets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for that Deks. Wow, that was a quick reply . And thanks for the correction - miles makes it even more generous compared to what we're offered here. Would there be any chance of downloading this service schedule booklet from somewhere?
jpp2014-03-21 07:51:19

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive had a quick browse the links to the service schedule are broken The problem is even if you get the details Nissan Australia will argue its a different market and climate hence the difference is requirements

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Deks wrote:Ive had a quick browse the links to the service schedule are broken The problem is even if you get the details Nissan Australia will argue its a different market and climate hence the difference is requirements
Yes, I certainly think they will try to argue their way out of it, but in many ways, the low temperature range here in Australia is much less than in Europe and if you include hotter areas like the Baltic's, an overall temp range much less than in Europe.I intend doing the 6 monthly oil/filter change (as my driving routine is short stop/start journeys in the main), but NOT the inspections and replacements of mileage dependant parts that they stipulate. Of course, I would only ever be required to defend my case, should anything major happen in the 3 year warranty period that is specifically engine/transmission related.
jpp2014-03-21 08:11:40

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, this is probably the best site to get the service interval information (for any Nissan) and it's an official Nissan publication/ready reckoner by the looks of it.If you plug in the numbers - in my case 2000 miles for current odometer reading and then put in the expected monthly mileage to be travelled, in my case 300, it will show that the service interval is 12 months.http://www.nissanofmiddleburgheights.com/custom/Nissan-Recommended-Maintenance-Schedule/Middleburg-Heights-OH-Nissan-Dealer

jpp2014-03-22 12:18:39

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there anything for the UK models? when i plug my details into the links above it shows oil change every 3000 miles! car only does 5000 per year.Obviously oil change is every 12 months due to low miles but what about plugs, air filter, fuel filter, cam belt CVT auto transmission fluid, brake fluid, antifreeze.......pollen filter?I cannot find these anywhere.Thanks in advance - car is 2012 CVT 1.6 petrol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts