Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am absolutely at the end of my tether with my Nismo.
I ordered it on the 2nd of March and it arrived on the 9th of April minus the connect 2 chip, but i didn't feel that it was the end of the world and the dealers said that it was on back order.
On the 16th April the malfunction indicator light came on. I contacted the dealership and they looked at it straight away. It seemed fixed.
On the 17th April the light came back on. Luckily I was passing the garage, so I went in. They booked it in for 19th April and they had it the whole day.
They said that they needed to speak to Nissan and they would phone me back. The diagnostics indicated that it could be a faulty fuel pump. As a replacement part will cost £2,500 Nissan want to make sure that this was definitely the problem. The dealer said that it would be alright if I continued driving with the warning light on. The fuel gauge then stopped working and the car felt strange to drive- like it had a flat tyre, but it didn't. It also failed to start first time on a couple of occasions.
On the 27th April I sent my bloke down to the dealership, and within half an hour of him leaving, they phoned me to ask whether we could take the nismo in. He drove it down and was surprised at how badly it drove compared to the previous time he drove it, he thought it felt gutless and didn't rev at all and mentioned it to them. They had it for a few hours and replaced a relay, then phoned me to collect it. We went down, started it up and the warning light came back on. I went straight back inside to let them know. We left the car there for them to sort out.
On the 1st May they phoned to say that they had ordered a part- but not the expensive fuel pump- and that it could take up to ten days. In fairness I don't live on mainland England, but TEN DAYS! To date, it hasn't arrived.
I have been pretty laid back about this so far, and the dealers have been really helpful and are doing their best, but they have now had the car longer than I have and I seriously don't know whether i want it back in case it falls to bits. I just don't have any confidence in it. Meanwhile, I have been driving a loan car around since the 27th of April.
So, does anyone have any idea what rights I have? If this part (when it arrives) doesn't fix the problem, do I have to wait another few weeks until another part arrives? At what point could I request a replacement vehicle or ask for a refund? This is my first Nissan and I just can't describe how disappointed that I am with this car. What makes it so much worse is that it is by far the most expensive vehicle that i have owned. I am really fed up with this car.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Doesn't the sale of goods act and the "fit for purpose" clause cover motor vehicles?
Personally with the vehicle less than a month old, and with so many unresolved issues, I would have no confidence in the car and be looking for a new one, or a significant gesture, and a good dealer will be keen to help you resolve this..
Sorry to hear about your problems R, hope you get sorted, as I have only heard good things about Nismo, and when I have heard talk of a "Sick Nismo", it's usually a reference to how awesome it is.....CR4ZYHORSE2013-05-13 20:48:02

·
Registered
445 Posts
hi rebecca, sorry to hear about your problems with the nismo, not sure what nissan are like at solving vehicle issues through the network, but from experaiance with working at jaguar, if a customer of ours has a persistant faulty new car jaguar will usually compensate with regards of either swapping for a replacement vehicle or a discount, the key is usually down to the dealership and our general manager will always go the extra mile for a customer who is polite but firm when complaining, so my advice would be to speak to the dealership manager and obtain his vue on your problems with the vehicle, but be polite as this always helps to gain a result if possible, hope it gets sorted soon and you can enjoy the nismo.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Hi Rebecca, I am really sorry to hear about these issues and its certainly not the experience you would expect to have with a new car. Iam not going to mislead you as I dntknow the law in terms of rejection but I would say you may have a case. On this point I would suggest you take knowledgable advice. As for parts delivery I really don't understand how parts seem to take so long to arrive at dealers given they are making the cars on a daily basis.

Also I would urge you to contact customer service make yourpointand tell them you are going to take advice about rejecting the car as you have lost all confidence it and you are not happy that it has spent. More of its time at the dealers than in you possession.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all so much for your advice. I contacted Nissan about rejecting the car, but didn't get very far with them. The dealership however have come up trumps and are ordering me a new Nismo, which is all I really want.
I am all excited again!

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Well I am pleased to see the dealer has come to your aid, and that you are once again happy. In terms of NCS for some strange reason the front line staff are near impossible to deal with and make things so much harder than they need to be.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
hello rebecca,i am glad your dealer has come to your aid and removed the weight from around your neck.i cannot say what i really feel about ncs.They seem to want to put the burden back on the dealers or parts dept every time you raise a question or have a problem.trust me the nismo is a great car when it is right, shall i send GR in he knows about service and how to deal with customers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.