Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought myself a set of snow chains in anticipation of a bad winter. I was considering the Thule K for ease of use, but at £300 for something I'll barely use, I went for the other end of the scale and got Arctic Snow chains, size 100

http://www.carracks.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=arctic+snow+100&x=13&y=16

When I fitted them, they don't quite fit as per instructions, but after a couple of emails to Carracks (very quick response to my questions), there is a clip that can be moved that means they will fit. At £20 for a set (come down £5 since I bought), which includes the chains, pair of gloves, a plastic mat (I think that's what it is, I haven't opened it out) and all enclosed in a plastic case, there isn't much to lose by buying a pair - but if you do, make sure you have a couple of trial runs fitting them so when the white stuff falls, you know how to get them on and off fast. I've no link to the company, just thought it would benefit members to know about them and they give a very good service. Now that I know what to adjust, I'll have another trial run and post a photo if possible.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Excellent seems very reasonable price. I recommended snow socks to a few members last year only issue with them is they wear out really quickly if not used in the correct conditions. Personally I leave my car on the drive when snow falls, although i know this isnt an option for many.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts