Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried out my new Karcher and snow foam lance today. It was great fun but it didn't do much toward cleaning the car!I jet clean water first, then used the foam lance (set to about 60% on the dial) which produced a nice even layer on the car then let it drip off. Finally, I jet water again.The thing is the foam didn't take all the dirt off the car. I wonder if the panels were too hot or maybe I should have turned up the dial and used a stronger concentration...?I've never used anything like this before so any advice would be appreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
iv found snow foam does naff all on its own.. (probably going to get screamed at by proper "detailers") but i use it then rather than wash it off i proceed with my wash mitt and shampoo, then a final rinse down after..

It is allot of fun and neighbours look at you funny but other than that i have never seen it remove any dirt..

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
I'm like most not realy seen what it does, but it is fun. I tend to snow foam it leave it for a few minutes jet wash off then re apply rinse off then wash the car with shampoo and water I do find it cleaner after applying snow foam that it would be without its also much better than TFR which is what I used to use.

G

·
What snow foam lance you got? Got any pics?How much foam you using?What foam?Are you applying to a wet or dry car?

·
Registered
790 Posts
snow foam wont remove all the dirt , to me its more a way or removing the loose stuff and softening the more stubborn stuff so you dont need to be too heavy handed when you wash it afterwards meaning less damage from the wash , ideally snow foam should be done regularely to remove dust ect picked up without need to lay hands on the car hence keeping it form picking up swirls and scratches from constant hands on cleaning we had a guy on my qq forum who bought a snow foam set up to clean his conservatory roof and i had to break the news that it would do squat to all that green crap that had built up over months and months

·
Registered
147 Posts
ctrdetailing wrote:snow foam wont remove all the dirt , to me its more a way or removing the loose stuff and softening the more stubborn stuff so you dont need to be too heavy handed when you wash it afterwards meaning less damage from the wash , ideally snow foam should be done regularely to remove dust ect picked up without need to lay hands on the car hence keeping it form picking up swirls and scratches from constant hands on cleaning
CTR has beat me to it Chemical Guys do a no touch snow foam, this might be more what you are looking for rather than the standard snow foam.

G

·
Rocks703 wrote:
ctrdetailing wrote:snow foam wont remove all the dirt , to me its more a way or removing the loose stuff and softening the more stubborn stuff so you dont need to be too heavy handed when you wash it afterwards meaning less damage from the wash , ideally snow foam should be done regularely to remove dust ect picked up without need to lay hands on the car hence keeping it form picking up swirls and scratches from constant hands on cleaning
CTR has beat me to it Chemical Guys do a no touch snow foam, this might be more what you are looking for rather than the standard snow foam.Magifoam is better than Chemical Guys no touch snow foam, I tried that and it's not at all no touch, didn't clean my car....oh and it not LSP safe IMO

·
Registered
790 Posts
i dont use either tbh , i use ultimate snow foam , got a 5/5 rating when tested , best around imo , ive used about 3 gallons this year and use it on all my customers carsbut still dont expect miracles , its should still be treated as just part of your routine

·
Registered
445 Posts
no foam will ever remove the film of dirt on your car, it will however remove all the surface grit and grime but if you just use foam then rinse and leather you will always find the film is there, i have tried many foam concentrates at work for years and we always end up using the good old sponge after.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.