Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to treat the Juke to a few goodies.Namely a 5 piece mat set, rear entry guard protection (thanks to Holdcroft) and indicator bulbs (having already fitted LEDs and night breakers).After just over 2000 miles, I recently noted that the drivers mat of my original complimentary set was starting to wear quite badly. As the originals were provided by the dealer at the time of purchase (and with red logo - silver car and innards), I elected to purchase the 5 piece set with silver logo. To safeguard against future wear (and the need to prematurely buy a full set when arguably the other three mats will be in good order), I have made myself a replaceable overlay. I took one of the original rears, a baking tray (as a template ) and a Stanley to cut around it. Add some velcro and the job is complete. I was unsure at first if I should commit, but after testing the difference under foot and convincing myself it looks okay, finally elected to adhere it to the new mat; see picture below. I should be able to get another 3 or 4 replacement overlays out of the originals. I welcome your feedback. [Edit: the mats are the luxury variant - I am aware that there are other Nissan items which are cheaper and other non-Nissan parts].Chrome covered indicator bulbs... (much cleaner IMHO)...
Darren C2013-01-12 11:57:46

·
Registered
838 Posts
Nice idea for the mats, must say mine is approaching 16k and my mats are wearing quite well.

..Will have to have a look at the chrome indicator bulbs, did you do the side repeaters with a chrome capless as well?

I haven't seen that protecter before, I have been thinking about the one which actually sits on top of the bumper itself, but yours looks good.
Don't think I've ever owned a car that I've wanted to tinker with as much as the Juke.........love it

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Had the same issue with my first set of mats, wearing quickly i think they were the cheaper ones thrown in by the dealer. I purchased the luxury ones to replace them to early to tell, nice idea about the over mat.Bulbs I changed with in a week of owning the first one and same day on no2 never liked the fried egg look.I have nightbreakers in the headlights led sides/number plates led interior lights like you and jukeov I am obsessed with splashing out on nice bits for mine

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jukeov, yes - side repeaters are also chrome covered. I actually thought the bumper guard was what I had ordered based upon the eBay link. I debated about returning them, but actually decided I liked them and will order the bumper protector again in due course. I will advise the dealer of the eBay error Monday.

Steve, not sure if it is the fact that I wear shoes as opposed to trainers more often than not that has played a part in the premature wear or if it merely the pressure that I apply naturally.

Thanks both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.