Nissan Juke Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now out of Turkey, the Duster has gone...............now I start with the Juke. Advice needed: Any idea where I can get the spare wheel/ kit from & how much I should be paying? I want the spare as opposed to this "foam stuff" that is provided. I am currently bouncing betweet Birmingham & Derby so somewhere local will be helpfull. Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Spurs,

I believe John at Holdcrofts in Stoke on Trent who has been a supporter of the Juke forums is a good and reliable supplier of anything Nissan .The last time I saw anything about the spacesaver kit it was approx £200 delivered.
Keep us posted .
Jukeda.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Spacesaver every time. I paid just under £200 from GH delivered with jack, fittings etc.

My Smart Car has no spare / no room for a spare, so I have anti-puncture gunk in the tyres as standard (same as my motorbike). If it picks a nail up, it closes the hole, but leaves a stain on the tyre so you can see it has repaired itself.

One motorcycle had tubeless tyres and when I changed the tyre, I found two nails I didn't even know I had picked up as the puncture prevention stuff had done its job - it certainly saved me a wobble or two!

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
2,270 Posts
I have a tyre plugger kit, but also a spacesaver. On the basis that the spacesaver will hopefully never be used (and if it is, won't be on there for long), I went for one from ebay - I think it was a Chrysler Jeep wheel and tyre (unused) - there's a webswite mentioned on here somewhere which gives the correct dimensions of the wheels and then tells you what other cars use the same. Cost me £20 for the wheel and tyre, £10 for a new scissor jack (1.5ton) and about £10 for the correct fastening kit for the spare. Already had a couple of wheel braces, one of which was for an old micra so fitted perfectly in the spaces in the rear tray. £40 for the complete set seemed a very good buy. Problem with the gunk is that it will only seal smallish holes so a big hole will leave you stranded. Additionally, a lot of tyre shops will refuse to repair tyres where this has been used (don't blame them really having seen a tyre removed full of the stuff), so you could end up writing off a good tyre for a small puncture.
actd2013-03-27 13:34:28

·
Registered
115 Posts
actd wrote: Problem with the gunk is that it will only seal smallish holes so a big hole will leave you stranded. Additionally, a lot of tyre shops will refuse to repair tyres where this has been used (don't blame them really having seen a tyre removed full of the stuff), so you could end up writing off a good tyre for a small puncture.
One of the reasons I like the pre-puncture stuff - it is easy to wash out with water when the tyre is removed and is non-toxic. There is only a couple of egg cupful of the stuff in the (car) tyre.Jeff

·
Registered
663 Posts
only ever had one encounter with the stuff when i had my Honda Civic. had a small puncture in a repairable place, pumped this stuff into the tyre thinking "this is good stuff" took it to have it repaired and quess what, they couldnt repair it because of that s--t..so instead of forking out about £17 for a puncture it cost me £77 for a new tyre. i was furious as you can imagine.. mind you i may have another encounter with it as i dont have a spare wheel

·
Registered
115 Posts
oldbloke wrote:eek:nly ever had one encounter with the stuff when i had my Honda Civic. had a small puncture in a repairable place, pumped this stuff into the tyre thinking "this is good stuff" took it to have it repaired and quess what, they couldnt repair it because of that s--t..so instead of forking out about £17 for a puncture it cost me £77 for a new tyre. i was furious as you can imagine.. mind you i may have another encounter with it as i dont have a spare wheel

If you fit the pre-puncture stuff, it is washable out - just tell the guy first so he doesn't get his hands dirty(ier) when mending the puncture.

See an example product . . .

http:////www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYRE-SEALANT-TYRE-PUNCTURE-PREVENTION-FOR-CARS-1-CAR-PACK-/310423294543?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item4846ab924f

Jeff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After "deep thought" and shopping about over the spare, I have now gone onto plan B. Joined the AA. The space saver etc would have cost about £200.............joining the AA was £143-00 but they give you a voucher for use on Amazon for £50-00..........I intended to join the AA so............. if I get a punchure the AA can sort it. Did I do the right thing?

·
Super Moderator
714 Posts
Ok ,lets think about this,is the £143 for the first year or for the life of your car.

Simples ya nugget it will cost you less in the long run to get the spare wheel kit.

But what do I know not being a NISMO owner or not wanting to be.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Is you Car not covered by the 3 year rac cover?
You can find a spare on eBay for a QQ for about £50 which will the juke, may even find a juke on if you look enoughDeks2013-04-02 19:53:11

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So how long do you put "the life of the car", there is more to the car than just punctures. I had every intention of joining the AA (as I said), as & when a space saver pops up at the right price I will get it............even so I will still keep in the AA for............. "the life of the car".

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
TTDegs wrote:Can someone remind me if there is room for a space saver wheel on AWD Jukes?Ta The AWD comes with a space saver spare so I assume so will the Nismo awd version and yes there is space for it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Deks wrote: TTDegs wrote:Can someone remind me if there is room for a space saver wheel on AWD Jukes?

Ta

The AWD comes with a space saver spare so I assume so will the Nismo awd version
and yes there is space for it.

D'oh!

Does it show that the Nismo won me over without looking too closely at some of the details?

Cheers Deks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts